Hibbo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tony Hibbert is easily one of the best tacklers of the ball in the PL. Certainly in the top 5.

His main issue is positional play, he gets dragged forward too often and is exploited by fullbacks quite a lot.

He's pretty sharp and can put a good cross in, especially from deep.

I agree and this is what makes him very average. We have needed to improve on this position for many a year now and initially I thought Neville was the answer. Hibberts a good tackler nothing else. Distribution is poor, attacks usually break down with him passing the ball back and his crossing is not as good as it should be.

Excellent article, well deserved praise for Tony

Hibbo is not the most technically gifted player in our squad, he would be the first to admit that, BUT I would take him over players like Glen Johnson every day of the week!!

So he doesn't contribute with goals, there are 9 other outfield players who can do that for us, 20 goals scored in the last 7 games at Goodison or something like that?? Should be more emphasis on his DEFENDING which he is meant to do than being compared to the shooting of Baines etc.

He epitomises Everton FC and gives 100% every game that is enough for me as an Everton Fan.

Tony Hibbert is a injury doubt for tomorrow, which means/i hope Neville is at rb, or at least the people that wanna see that Coleman cant defend will get there chance tomorrow,

The best right back Ive seen play for Everton is Tommy Wright then Gary Stevens, Hibbo is just behind those 2 , underrated and ignored, I can remember him marking Thiery Henry one game and Henry didn't like it one little bit, he hardly got a touch and started lashing out.
The FA cup final game was his bad one but he got booked after 7 or 8 minutes and it ruined him.

The best right back Ive seen play for Everton is Tommy Wright then Gary Stevens, Hibbo is just behind those 2 , underrated and ignored, I can remember him marking Thiery Henry one game and Henry didn't like it one little bit, he hardly got a touch and started lashing out.
The FA cup final game was his bad one but he got booked after 7 or 8 minutes and it ruined him.

I was going to post that, also it was an unlucky booking where the attacker just ran across the front of him and Hibbo caught his heels with little intention.

Between Gary Stevens and Hibbo only Steve Watson would come close to anything I would call a decent full back. We've had some gash in that position

i was thinking about getting a shirt made up with the following: "i was there when Tony Hibbert scored".

A great servant, not fantastic, but most certainly not utter gash either.

Hibbo is another like osman who should be no more than a squad player. If he's selected it's a weak link of the team. That's not a dig or moan about Hibbert it's just the simple fact he's and average player. The FA cup final just proved what we already new which was he was average.. Even though if anything I would say he's improving the older he gets.. Not to a point of being a top 6 RB week in week out starter tho!

Our poor financial posistion has ment that with him and Neville (both average RB) at the club, we have always prioritized other more important posistions but if we'd had money to spend over the last few years we'd of bought a RB.

I do remember after that cup final when we sold lescott and bought Johnny in.. He started at RB for a few games and got ripped apart! I'm sure moyes bought Johnny with the plan of using him at RB quite often as at the time he played there for holland. I'm also pretty sure quite quickly Johnny said he didn't fancy it...

Can't knock him defensively, if he was 6ft 4, hench and a CB he would be unreal. The game he played at CB a few months back (can't remember who against) he played out of his skin. Great tackler, lacks going forward which we all know but I just love the man

He's a DEFENDER first & foremost.....if he played for one of the "$ky 4", I'm pretty certain he'd have been an England regular for the past few years. As an out & out right back DEFENDER, there is none better in the Prem!!

Status
Not open for further replies.