Has Kuddly Ken commented on the Garbutt fee yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Theres already a thread about this, I know its a slow news week, but theres no need to make another thread.

Lesson
Learn

That can be quite intimidating you know

I was quite glad of another thread to at least look at.

Theres already a thread about this, I know its a slow news week, but theres no need to make another thread.

Lesson
Learn

The other thread focussed, pretty much exclusively, on our response to it.

I couldn't find Santa's response after all his bellyaching and hoped some of the kind GOTers might have seen something I didn't.

In future, however, I will PM you prior to any thread posting for pre-approval.

If you looked in the other thread, you might have noticed somebody else posted his reply :

Ken Bates the Chairman of Leeds United has entered the debate over the poaching of young players and has used Everton as a prime example of what the big clubs are doing.
Everton have been forced in to paying £600,000 compensation rising to a possible £1.5million, for 16-year-old defender Luke Garbutt but Bates is far from happy about it telling The Yorkshire Post
“The up-front payment is £600,000, which is a lot more than the insulting offer that Everton made.
“But the real problem is that Everton are a club who have just been paid £24m for Joleon Lescott and will receive another £40m from the Premier League for television and so on.
“Bearing that in mind, what is £600,000 going to be to them? It is petty cash and certainly not a deterrent to them doing it again.
Bates saying that it is no deterrent to Everton doing it again (basically poaching the youngster) is backed up with a great example.
“It is about time some proper punishments were introduced such as points deductions or exclusion from European competitions. It is the only language these clubs will listen to.
“Anyone who doubts that only has to look at Chelsea’s behaviour. They had to pay us £4.5m for poaching our players and yet still went out and got themselves in trouble by doing the same thing to Lens.
“And Chelsea are by no means the only club who have been asset-stripping the lower clubs.”
Bates is spot on, these big clubs do need far stronger punishments because the fines or compensations being awarded are a joke and a deduction of points and/or ban would be far more effective.

Be sure to PM me before you post, thanks.

If you looked in the other thread, you might have noticed somebody else posted his reply :

Ken Bates the Chairman of Leeds United has entered the debate over the poaching of young players and has used Everton as a prime example of what the big clubs are doing.
Everton have been forced in to paying £600,000 compensation rising to a possible £1.5million, for 16-year-old defender Luke Garbutt but Bates is far from happy about it telling The Yorkshire Post
“The up-front payment is £600,000, which is a lot more than the insulting offer that Everton made.
“But the real problem is that Everton are a club who have just been paid £24m for Joleon Lescott and will receive another £40m from the Premier League for television and so on.
“Bearing that in mind, what is £600,000 going to be to them? It is petty cash and certainly not a deterrent to them doing it again.
Bates saying that it is no deterrent to Everton doing it again (basically poaching the youngster) is backed up with a great example.
“It is about time some proper punishments were introduced such as points deductions or exclusion from European competitions. It is the only language these clubs will listen to.
“Anyone who doubts that only has to look at Chelsea’s behaviour. They had to pay us £4.5m for poaching our players and yet still went out and got themselves in trouble by doing the same thing to Lens.
“And Chelsea are by no means the only club who have been asset-stripping the lower clubs.”
Bates is spot on, these big clubs do need far stronger punishments because the fines or compensations being awarded are a joke and a deduction of points and/or ban would be far more effective.

Be sure to PM me before you post, thanks.

That post 2.17pm today, I started this thread at 3.53pm yesterday.

My crystal ball was out of order, soz.

Status
Not open for further replies.