2018/19 Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
As said many times before, he's a player who relies on others to make him better, rather than the other way around.

Richarlison was missing today, so Sigurdsson was anonymous and/or terrible again.

This shouldn't be a surprise by now. He's a luxury player in the right system but may as well not play in the wrong one.

I think the centre halves tried picking more forward passes than he did today.

He's very off and on. It's clear that if everything isn't right he isn't going to be the one to fix it. DCL being a poor winger took away that side of the field and it impacted Gylfi. Bernard will get his chances I think.

As said many times before, he's a player who relies on others to make him better, rather than the other way around.

Richarlison was missing today, so Sigurdsson was anonymous and/or terrible again.

This shouldn't be a surprise by now. He's a luxury player in the right system but may as well not play in the wrong one.
They definitely did. Zouma for sure.

Schneiderfraud was the worst on the pitch for that though.
Or....2 up games after 30 normal and expected subpar games???
“Number 10”

Lets be honest, when you go into a game with a central 3 of Sigurdsson, Schneiderlin and Davies...how can you expect to dominate teams and create opportunities?

Gomes is only on loan and we need Gana back but regardless, I cant see how Sigurdsson can be here in 12months if we want to progress into counter attacking team.

Lets be honest, when you go into a game with a central 3 of Sigurdsson, Schneiderlin and Davies...how can you expect to dominate teams and create opportunities?

Gomes is only on loan and we need Gana back but regardless, I cant see how Sigurdsson can be here in 12months if we want to progress into counter attacking team.
I expect the manager to be well aware of these problems and find a solution to make it work.

Can't see how he can be sold without taking a massive hit. He is 29 next week and none of the top 6 will want him.

I expect the manager to be well aware of these problems and find a solution to make it work.

Lets look at a hypothetical.

Imagine Silva thinking;

1 -- To bring Bernard in for the wings, and a central attacking position because he considers him a Sigurdsson replacement but may need time to adapt

2 -- Perhaps Lookman and/or Dowell have been retained as they are seen as players who need to be in/around the squad and getting minutes to take the attacking central role from next season

3 -- It may well be that for the transfer value we would receive there may not have been a suitable replacement available in the market...or a buyer. The focus may now be on 'who replaces' Sigurdsson for next season and several players will all be given a chance there.

4 -- Silva may not have wanted any more upheaval in the squad and so is holding onto him for a season

There are a multitude of situations and possibilities. The main one is that he wasn't signed by Silva and so he cant be accountable for the lack of ability in that position until he has the time and opportunity to keep faith or replace.

Can't see how he can be sold without taking a massive hit. He is 29 next week and none of the top 6 will want him.

5 year contract, signed for 42million Next summer he will have a book value of 25.2mil (approx.) so we could offload him at that price.

Wouldn't be shocked to see him sold easily and quickly for a premium to a team who focus on staying up.

Status
Not open for further replies.