Great interview with Johan Hammar on FM Sweden

Status
Not open for further replies.

when i score we riot

Player Valuation: £35m
Hey kids! Johan Hammar just tweeted that he has a new blog up on the swedish fan site for Football Manager, and it's a great bit of info about life in the U18's and how they train and so on. Really cool information for us guys curious about life at the Everton Academy.

Firstly, about a week ago the site published an interview with Hammar, here:
http://www.fmsweden.se/page/artiklar/_/intervjuer/arets-forsta-intervju-r1845

Unfortunately, it's all in swedish, and i won't be bothered with translating all of it, though a few questions are worth putting through to you guys:

Does David Moyes come down and talk with the U18s?
Yeah, he's around from time time time. Really nice guy, he always takes his time to say hello and ask how it's going. He has better control over things than what it seems. He's really involved in the club.

Is he still respected at Everton despite the recent results?
Yeah, around here nobody really asks questions about his judgment. If the team plays badly, it's the players who get the blame, not the manager. Cause everyone knows how much he means to the club. It's rumoured he'll take over after Sir Alex at Man U, but i really hope not. Everton really need him.

Is Rooney still popular at the club?
Oh yeah, definetly. There are pictures of him all over the place. Doesn't matter that he plays for united now.

And other Everton legends?
Graeme Sharp comes by often to have a look. He works for the BBC now as a commentator. Right now we also have Duncan Ferguson doing his coach licence, he's great too. Kevin Sheedy is our main coach. I've learned so much from him. Both him and Andy Holden have meant so much for my development as a player. I'm getting better every week.

Do you meet players from the first team?

Not often. You might meet one or two when training with the reserves, but otherwise we're seperated. They train on the other side of the compound. Though you could meet one during rehab training as well. Last fall i was training rehab with Victor Anichebe!

He has also his own blog, that doesn't really have much important info right now, but it might.
http://www.fmsweden.se/blog/6-johan-hammars-blogg/

Give him a tweet and encourage him to write more!

Status
Not open for further replies.