Goodison Stadium Tour

Status
Not open for further replies.

gheesom

Player Valuation: £8m
Pretty excited, taking my boy on the tour on Monday - I remember going as a lad and loved the tour.

If I remember I'll post some pictures afterwards.

nice, i went in '97 i think. got to meet the players but i was ever so young and the TV coverage was nowhere near as vast as it is now so i accidentaly got john oster's signature 4 times. was sad when big dunc didn't turn up

when I went is was squad photo day, so we couldn't see the dressing rooms - and we didn't meet players.

Its a great ground tour - no Dave Hickson now to carry it out due to his ill health, but its the kitmans wife who does a sound job, total value for money a fantastic morning or afternoon out, you will enjoy it -on the downside the club do not make enought of it financial wise - no refreshments for sale no merchandise for sale My son took me on my Birthday one Sunday morning as a birthday treat, & I went to purchase items with birthday money I could not even buy a cup of tea - I worked it out 30+ fans on the ground tour a great chance to make money on sales of EFC merchandise books etc maybe it has changed in fact I came out with lots of freebies programmes etc - all in all though a great ground tour full of great historical knowledge for the tour guide lady. When Z cars plays when you walk down the players tunnel pure magic!

Last edited:

I was supposed to go for my 10th birthday or something. But when we arrived nobody was there. Waited for about half an hour then went to the club shop. They said nobody was doing the tour today (it was the day of a game away at Newcastle I think). They said they would either arrange a new date or sort something else out. They never did. I was a bit peeved to be honest.

when I went is was squad photo day, so we couldn't see the dressing rooms - and we didn't meet players.

yeah my dad paid for us to have dinner with the players as well, hence why we met most of them. sadly our team was gash back then and there wasn't too many great players to meet ha.

Done it twice, in 1991 and again in 2007 with the arl fella. Had the privilege of having Dave Hickson as my guide on the latter visit. Sorry to hear he's not well. The word "class" is bandied about with regards to people a little too freely for my liking, but he is truly a class individual.

When I went on it about two years ago it was awful. Wouldn't quite blame the club, more just circumstances as there was a wedding going on at the same time so everything was cut short so as not to interfere with it then to top it off they had the door at the end of the tunnel locked for some reason so we couldn't actually walk out to z cars. Just stood in the tunnel with it playing then had to walk around the main stand to get to the dugouts and pitch side.

Last edited:
Been trying to think of stuff to do with me daughter and seen this. Gunna get on it meself! Didn't even cross my mind. Nice 1 G-man

Status
Not open for further replies.