Gerard Deulofeu - Once a Blue, always a Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really don't think many if any blues would say they want Gerard to leave. Skipping back a few pages, there is a lot of talk from you that Gerard should start every game, with people responding by saying he is nowhere near ready or consistent enough YET to be starting every game (I have put 'yet' in capital letters for your benefit as you seem to take things out of context quite regularly). I would say most people on here were suggesting he needs to be part of the rotation - it was you who suggested he should be a starter every game. I will be happy if Gerard does stay on, and while I think he may feature more next season, it will still be as part of a rotation

Never said he should start every match, just that he's capable of being a regular starter and at the very least part of the rotation...more than he has been to this point

Madrid sports paper, so gotta be true

Whereas you're looking at a vague tweet.

One that could have mean "one match down..." in regards to a win in the race for the Champions League, or looking forward to a festival, or a shag from his bird/fella or pretty much anything.

To be fair to the lad, it must be a massive culture shock, not just the football side of it but leaving his family and friends behind to move to completely new surroundings in Liverpool. The weather, not knowing anyone, the lingo; it would depress the best of us, he's only 20 don't forget. From a human level I wouldn't blame him if he couldn't wait to go back but if we get him for another year it's excellent for Everton; you'll hope he'll have pushed on next season and let's not forget he has had his moments this season, got us a draw against Arsenal and won us the game against Sunderland, was excellent against Newcastle

Could've been a knee jerk thing, he is young and he is a coveted gem from a club like Barcelona with ambition to be playing with the best players on the planet...From there, I could easily see why he might be upset that he wasn't even seen as a sub against a big opponent like United...If you believe you're good enough to rotate at Barcelona, you'd certainly have to like your chances to see good minutes at Everton...At the end of the day, he's never sat as much as he has this season - for an ambitious talent like Deulofeu, it has to be difficult and as a fan, you would expect him to not be happy

I remember an interview with a former coach of his, Oscar Garcia, who talked about the importance of having continual dialogue with a player like Gerard...I imagine Martinez continues to remind him of the big picture

Whereas you're looking at a vague tweet.

One that could have mean "one match down..." in regards to a win in the race for the Champions League, or looking forward to a festival, or a shag from his bird/fella or pretty much anything.

A vague tweet right after a big match in which he never saw any minutes from a player who doesn't tweet vague tweets...Logic

But sure, a Madrid paper or some guy tweeting from a grocer is far more reliable than the player himself

Is this true? who AS

Its a Spanish newspaper. Regardless of where its based, its more reliable than this FCBarca cretin.

Also, I would love to know what he thinks of Gerard saying this:

"Roberto is the one who has given me the opportunity to play in the first division, he is the coach who has given me the most confidence," he continued.

"The truth is that he has supported me from the beginning. I knew it would be complicated because there are very good players who have spent many years at Everton. Roberto has managed me patiently."

I really hope he stops trying to create an issue that simply doesn't exist now...

A vague tweet right after a big match in which he never saw any minutes from a player who doesn't tweet vague tweets...Logic

No indication at any point he's been frustrated at Everton, no indication from him, his club, our club, nothing.

That isn't logic you're using, it's grasping at straws. He's been utilised brilliantly at Everton.

Could've been a knee jerk thing, he is young and he is a coveted gem from a club like Barcelona with ambition to be playing with the best players on the planet...From there, I could easily see why he might be upset that he wasn't even seen as a sub against a big opponent like United...
...erm, you mean like you're too good to support a team on your nearest two continents mate ? ;)
He's not good enough to hold a first team place in the Premiership yet imo, when he addresses his weaknesses he will be.

Never said he should start every match, just that he's capable of being a regular starter and at the very least part of the rotation...more than he has been to this point
???
Since he's recovered from his injury he's been involved nearly every week!

As I understand it Barca's transfer ban has only been suspended on appeal, not rescinded. So if their appeal fails then the transfer ban could be re-applied but for next summer vs this one. That might complicate him going back after another year loan as think he is registed to the Junior team vs the senior team.

Anyone know how long an English team can loan a player from another club?

But sure, a Madrid paper or some guy tweeting from a grocer is far more reliable than the player himself

The tweet could mean anything in the world, by all accounts the boy is very happy at everton.

Don't make a mountain out of a mole hill

Status
Not open for further replies.