Gerard Deulofeu - Once a Blue, always a Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he's coming back I hope we've got a clause in his contract demanding he brings his left boot next season, no more of this just practising with his weaker foot stuff

As frustrating as Del can be, I think another season would be great news. We all know what he can do and is capable of - having that option from the bench gives us another dimension. I think I'd start Geeds ahead of him but the option of Del from the bench after 60/70 minutes is exciting.

It's fantastic news if true. We'll have a bunch more matches so the added (well, continued) depth at wing will do us well. Even if we don't make CL, I'm sure Barca won't mind him getting some experience in Europe...

Get him on loan and Barry signed up asap then focus on getting Lukaku done before the3 world cup if possible, means any other targets will be seeing the team as a much stronger one for the coming season

To be fair to the lad, it must be a massive culture shock, not just the football side of it but leaving his family and friends behind to move to completely new surroundings in Liverpool. The weather, not knowing anyone, the lingo; it would depress the best of us, he's only 20 don't forget. From a human level I wouldn't blame him if he couldn't wait to go back but if we get him for another year it's excellent for Everton; you'll hope he'll have pushed on next season and let's not forget he has had his moments this season, got us a draw against Arsenal and won us the game against Sunderland, was excellent against Newcastle

To be fair to the lad, it must be a massive culture shock, not just the football side of it but leaving his family and friends behind to move to completely new surroundings in Liverpool. The weather, not knowing anyone, the lingo; it would depress the best of us, he's only 20 don't forget. From a human level I wouldn't blame him if he couldn't wait to go back but if we get him for another year it's excellent for Everton; you'll hope he'll have pushed on next season and let's not forget he has had his moments this season, got us a draw against Arsenal and won us the game against Sunderland, was excellent against Newcastle

It wouldn't depress Oviedo!!! Bullet-proof!

The irony about this loan, is if we had produced him, he may not have even got 2 season in the first team before getting flogged.

Reading the comments in here most of you would be happy to see him leave anyway since he doesn't warrant being a part of the rotation...
I really don't think many if any blues would say they want Gerard to leave. Skipping back a few pages, there is a lot of talk from you that Gerard should start every game, with people responding by saying he is nowhere near ready or consistent enough YET to be starting every game (I have put 'yet' in capital letters for your benefit as you seem to take things out of context quite regularly). I would say most people on here were suggesting he needs to be part of the rotation - it was you who suggested he should be a starter every game. I will be happy if Gerard does stay on, and while I think he may feature more next season, it will still be as part of a rotation

I think the rest of this season and another pre-season under Martinez will be long enough to fully drill home what is expected from him. Definitely for him coming back on loan.

It is...What would you draw from that?...Right after a big win against United and one of your players tweets that?
Groan, stop trying to second guess what the lad thinks. His girl was probably visiting later that week or something soft. Great news if Gerry signs on for another year, best thing for him, everton & barca. Interesting the reports say barca will waive the loan fee as they're so impressed with his development with us.

Groan, stop trying to second guess what the lad thinks. His girl was probably visiting later that week or something soft. Great news if Gerry signs on for another year, best thing for him, everton & barca. Interesting the reports say barca will waive the loan fee as they're so impressed with his development with us.

I was also thinking he was prob just on a promise.

Status
Not open for further replies.