Gerard Deulofeu - Once a Blue, always a Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.
....he's a lad learning his trade but he looks a proper player to me. His hammy came when he was starting to take off, I suspect he's at that point again. He'll continue to frustrate at times but he's also on the verge of something special.

His decision making at times is questionable but its to be expected from a lad so young. You can see it improving with each game he plays. He absolutely terrifies defenders with his pace and skill. Its just a raw talent and he was a joy to watch last night.

90th minute last night, he skinned Williamson as though he wasn't there through sheer pace.... in the 90th minute 3-0 up. A joy to watch. Superb performance

Great strength to shield the ball from the defender and the way he turned his body to chest the ball into Barkleys path. New exactly what he was doing

I mean, Cryuf could be a right selfish sod at times, but he knew when to be selfish and when to play for the team. Holland's Total Football side, in my opinion the best team ever, was built on a balance of teamwork and individual skill

A tearful Swede?

Deulo to be back next year for me, he'll miss the 1st team footy if he goes back.

So you'll buy one of the best and most promising attacking midfielders/wingers in Europe for 11m+ and put him in the B team?

I really find this hard to believe.

Thats the crux of the matter lad, we don't believe you, didnt believe you were spanish, didnt believe you have an in depth knowledge of barca players, dont believe that Barcelona has relocated to california hence why their your local team now.

Believe it...Officially signed today for 5 seasons, €2.2 million + incentives related to first team achievements...He will play with the B team next season

You don't know what he's going to do mate

No one knows what he's going to do

That's the point

He has patterns, but that doesn't mean he'll do the same thing every time

Lets be honest. When he got that ball vs Arsenal everyone knew he would shoot. The opposition know what he will do but hes that good at it no-one can stop him. That is why Ronaldo and Messi are so good. You may now know what he will do but some people do and professional footballers will do.
I saw him track back several times last night (its the first time I've seen him do it). He won a tackle, I think.

No, this does not mean I like defensive wingers, it means I think Deulofeu may be turning the selfish corner.
He only tracks back when he needs too which is correct. Coleman or Baines should be able to defend 1 v 1 like I've said in the past

Deulofeu is boss and can do what he wants. The lad is going to have a massive future, we should just be thankful that we have had the pleasure to watch him at times this season, I for one hope he comes back for another season.

Very overrated player currently in my opinion. A long long way away from being the finished article but the potential he has is massive. If he starts to learn the game more and improve his concentration etc he could go on to be one of the best wingers in the world. As it is, he shows glimpses, and was actually very productive the other night in terms of having a hand in three of the goals, but he could do even better.

I'm being critical as he has aspirations to play for Barcelona though. There are times when he chooses the wrong option and one of the worst examples is when he beats the man round the outside and is on the by line. Instead of squaring it he tries to shoot everytime from an impossible angle. He will never ever score like that. Naismith was fuming with him the other night and Lukaku has at other times too. Contrast that to the ball he put over for Lukaku's goal which was a great bit of play.

Exciting player and a great threat at the moment but he needs to start learning certain things quick. He's already done well with getting tougher and tracking back the other week so let's hope he improves his attacking play too.

Very overrated player currently in my opinion. A long long way away from being the finished article but the potential he has is massive. If he starts to learn the game more and improve his concentration etc he could go on to be one of the best wingers in the world. As it is, he shows glimpses, and was actually very productive the other night in terms of having a hand in three of the goals, but he could do even better.

I'm being critical as he has aspirations to play for Barcelona though. There are times when he chooses the wrong option and one of the worst examples is when he beats the man round the outside and is on the by line. Instead of squaring it he tries to shoot everytime from an impossible angle. He will never ever score like that. Naismith was fuming with him the other night and Lukaku has at other times too. Contrast that to the ball he put over for Lukaku's goal which was a great bit of play.

Exciting player and a great threat at the moment but he needs to start learning certain things quick. He's already done well with getting tougher and tracking back the other week so let's hope he improves his attacking play too.
This is what I don't get. Overrated player yet on a big pitch he terrorised a premier league team and he is 20. I guess Barkley isn't overrated though?
He's not a prem player. We all know that. If you don't then footy isn't for you.

He tried crossing it to Naismith, he should have actually had a go IMO.

He won't need to track back vs Spanish teams so that point is ridiculous.

This is what I don't get. Overrated player yet on a big pitch he terrorised a premier league team and he is 20. I guess Barkley isn't overrated though?
He's not a prem player. We all know that. If you don't then footy isn't for you.

It's my opinion so why are you trying to dismiss it as if that means you are suddenly correct and my point is irrelevant by saying footy isn't for me and calling a valid point ridiculous? In my opinion, he's overrated at the moment and is a very frustrating player to watch at times. If you think he's already Lionel Messi then fair enough, but I have seen a lot of the lad so far to see that there are weaknesses in his game that he needs to improve on quickly if he is to make it at the top. An example of a weakness to his game is when he is running at the defence from the half way line or 1 on 1 in front of the keeper. Mirallas scored against Stoke last season by running at the defence from the half way line and slotting it in. He did similar at Spurs away. I take your point that he is young, and Lukaku also needs to improve this area of his game, but Barkley is a similar age and he scored the one the other night and went on a 60 yard run against Arsenal to create the goal.

Deulofeu should have that to his game, and he messed up a few times in the Goodison derby, and a couple of weeks ago couldn't get round the Cardiff defender when 1 on 1.

He's young so has plenty of time to learn but he's nowhere near the finished article.

Why isn't he a prem player?

Hes very similar to early-Utd Ronaldo in talent and physique and he ended being arguable the best Premier League player ever.

I think he would make a perfectly good prem player, and don't quite know what grounds you have to dismiss anyone who thinks alternatively?

Teach us oh wise one, I beg you

Status
Not open for further replies.