Gerard Deulofeu - Once a Blue, always a Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see know reason why he shouldn't return. He's not going to be a big player for barcelona and we'll need someone to replace miralles

despite all the misty eyed nostalgia, I don't actually think he was any better than what we've got now.
He was making all the same runs/mistakes that we're plagued with at the moment, he was just doing them in a team that was full of confidence, had no injuries and was winning.

Wonder how much we'd have to pay to get him permanently next summer?

Surely wouldn't be too over the top. Would be a good Pienaar replacement.

I remember a completely frustrating and wasteful player who had pace and was a right footed one trick pony who was kinda gash at that one trick.
Exactly how I remember him, just like when ya on a night out though, the later it gets and you ain't pulled, women who were not in any way attractive at 8 pm , suddenly become stunners when you get a bit desperate at 2am !!!

despite all the misty eyed nostalgia, I don't actually think he was any better than what we've got now.
He was making all the same runs/mistakes that we're plagued with at the moment, he was just doing them in a team that was full of confidence, had no injuries and was winning.
There probably is some selective memory over his infuriating habits. Like running to the byline doing stepovers and only passing to waiting players when they'd given up all hope of him doing so whilst he flapped his arms in disappointment.

But he did offer pace, especially against a tiring defence, that stopped the opposition from pushing high up the pitch and when he did release the ball in time there were some lovely shots across goal just begging for a tap-in. He also took decent freekicks and corners, with him on the right footed ones and Garbutt on the left we might have a chance of beating the first man.

He most certainly did offer more than Atsu is currently delivering and with Pienaar/Mirallas's injuries that would be very useful.

Status
Not open for further replies.