Gerard Deulofeu - Once a Blue, always a Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Grew into the game last and at times was brilliant. For me, last night he showed the type of quality and unselfishness that i come to expect of Mirallas and for what ever reason it's just not there with him.

Mirallas should be giving us performances like that out wide, he as the pace and ability to beat a man but he gets too selfish and greedy.

Deulofeu is ideal for games of this type, away from home, under spells of pressure as he is an outlet when things break down. He stays high up the pitch and very wide so splits the opposition defence creating space, and due to his pace and trickery, he can eliminate players out of the game and create dangerous situations for us. He played very well last night and i for one really hope we can keep him for a second season as i think he'll be even better next season!

Much better player than Neymar, Tello and Pedro. Can see him going back next year and starting. Don't think they have the finances to replace the leaking defence and attacking options, so makes sense to bring Gerard back and go after a proper centre half. Shame, would have liked to see him here for another year.

It'd look bad for Barca to not play Neymar considering the fee and all the hype and controversy around him. Pedro has has a boss season, scored 16 in the league, Sanchez has around the same. Iniesta has been used on the wing a lot and Tello will always just be back up to them four. Deulofeu further backing them up so I don't think he'd get in.

Could be wrong but that's how I see it.

If you're gonna quote me kid, do it properly. Yes, I said he'd been 'bang average' and I also said, "Sure he's got potential, but he's not been great"

Old man, still sounds like spin since I neither quoted you nor took anything out of context as you yourself have confirmed you deemed him bang average...Myself, on the other hand, I've been consistently saying the same things about the player from day one and that he should be playing more...Last night only reinforced it, welcome to the bandwagon

Played very well but doing it consistently is clearly still an issue. Decision making is still poor at times, and clearly while he will go on to be a great player, he still has a while to go before he's ready for Barcelona.
Oh and heres a Pie Graph
1526489_478733245561062_1479638523_n.jpg

Old man, still sounds like spin since I neither quoted you nor took anything out of context as you yourself have confirmed you deemed him bang average...Myself, on the other hand, I've been consistently saying the same things about the player from day one and that he should be playing more...Last night only reinforced it, welcome to the bandwagon

Hahaha, okay mate. I said he'd "BEEN" bang average. I admitted he had potential, so the irony of you saying you've taken nothing out of context is hilarious.

Hahaha, okay mate. I said he'd "BEEN" bang average. I admitted he had potential, so the irony of you saying you've taken nothing out of context is hilarious.

Read up on what a quote is for the future, I'm sure it hasn't changed in all these years

Either I was overrating him from the beginning and you've been spot on with your bang average assessment which ironically led to a spontaneously excellent performance several hours later or you have no idea what you're talking about when it comes to Deulo

Read up on what a quote is for the future, I'm sure it hasn't changed in all these years

Either I was overrating him from the beginning and you've been spot on with your bang average assessment which ironically led to a spontaneously excellent performance several hours later or you have no idea what you're talking about when it comes to Deulo

I'm the only person who used the term 'bang average' so I think you'll find you WERE quoting me, you fool.

And being average is not even an insult at this level. He's had one good game for us, and that was last night. Before that, he was BANG AVERAGE.

Now jog on, you're boring me.

He done decent because its a big pitch and very open. He'll be like that the majority of time in Spain. If you didn't think it was correct to start him yesterday then footy isn't for you. Was so obvious he would start and play well.

He tracks back when he needs too. Barca won't be too arsed about that as you don't really need too for Barca. Clueless

He done decent because its a big pitch and very open. He'll be like that the majority of time in Spain. If you didn't think it was correct to start him yesterday then footy isn't for you. Was so obvious he would start and play well.

He tracks back when he needs too. Barca won't be too arsed about that as you don't really need too for Barca. Clueless

Aye, important point that. For Barca he'll be playing in a front 3, so he hardly ever be near his own box.

Status
Not open for further replies.