Transfer Rumour Gabriel (Lille)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, quite correct all businesses stopped operating around the globe...

Please stop peddling such nonsense.
Er I hate to break it to you but almost all business stopped making large capital allocation decisions and economic activity troughed globally to one of the biggest recessions on record. Sports entertainment travel and hospitality were all massively impacted. As were cyclical companies that rely on economic growth.

It would have been a huge risk to invest a large amount of capital during that time.

so wind your neck in. You are talking absolute nonsense.

Well they did Zat, maybe you missed almost every business in the world closing down.

Ridiculous comment.

Well they didnt did they...

Its a pathetic excuse tantamount to saying:

"Oh the business chose not to operate while still operating"

Really quite bizarre.

Wealthy people around the globe investing.

The owner(s) massively investing

Yet the club decides not to invest.

It was Brands trying to get a discount on an already agreed deal through a poor negotiating tactic.

Clearly ive been proven right.

Really quite bizarre.

It was Brands trying to get a discount on an already agreed deal through a poor negotiating tactic.

Football literally stopped for 3 months.

lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

Er I hate to break it to you but almost all business stopped making large capital allocation decisions and economic activity troughed globally to one of the biggest recessions on record. Sports entertainment travel and hospitality were all massively impacted. As were cyclical companies that rely on economic growth.

It would have been a huge risk to invest a large amount of capital during that time.

so wind your neck in. You are talking absolute nonsense.

This may work with your mates in the pub but im afraid it doesnt wash with anyone knowledgeable on the global economy im afraid.

This may work with your mates in the pub but im afraid it doesnt wash with anyone knowledgeable on the global economy im afraid.

the reason why this is funny is that I’m an investment manager and all my best mates are either economists or investment strategists or other investment managers.

so I’m guessing my pub chat is infinity more well informed on the global economy than you’ll ever be.

Really quite bizarre.

Time will tell whether it was a poor decision, we haven't seen Gabriel Maldini play yet.

It's similar to the stock market, prices change daily and are even more volatile during these times. I think he was right to come back with a lower offer, it shows he isn't a mug and he's actually willing to try and save the club some money.

Looks to have missed out, but there's more than one young CB in the world with talent.

Yes, quite correct all businesses stopped operating around the globe...

Please stop peddling such nonsense.

People are in denial mode when it comes to Brands - if this happened under Steve Walsh's watch it would have been:

"GET DAT DER BALDY PE TEACHER OOT OF OUR CLERB"

Not signing a player for millions in a global pandemic whilst football as an industry shut down with no income coming through the door was a mistake by Brands?

So that's what it's about really isn't it? Any mental gymnastics it takes to make something negative his fault.

Football clubs were furloughing staff, taking out huge loans just to operate and arranging wage cuts and deferrals.

You can have your doubts about Brands all you want but to trying to blag that not signing Gabriel months ago is just making a holy show of yourselves.

Not signing a player for millions in a global pandemic whilst football as an industry shut down with no income coming through the door was a mistake by Brands?

So that's what it's about really isn't it? Any mental gymnastics it takes to make something negative his fault.

Football clubs were furloughing staff, taking out huge loans just to operate and arranging wage cuts and deferrals.

Then why not put a £500 million stadium project on hold like LFC did with the stand expansion?

Everyone who peddles this myth of how we were so terrified of going bankrupt had we went through with a deal for Gabriel never answers me that.

If you get made redundant you don't proceed with buying an expensive big house.

Status
Not open for further replies.