2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years ago a manager got 3 years to turn a team around.First year manage with the players you have got.Second year bring in the players in to play the way you want.Third year get results ,Frank has not had 1year ,let him get the players he wants and judge him then,because sacking him start's the process over again.

The fact that we have geordies and kopites trying to undermine Frank, makes me even more desperate to want him to succeed as manager here.

Of course everyone is entitled to an an opinion, but i do have an issue with geordies and kopites coming on here, and trying to influence Everton supporters thoughts and feelings.
Do you know what mate, you beat me to it with this post because its really starting to bug me too, even though I know I should just let it go. Thanks, I’m glad its not just me??

You watch Spurs play the same formation today and it really is all about the quality of the forwards in the transition. How many times in recent games have we been between the lines and McNeill has messed up the pass or Gordon or Gray made the wrong run or done a bad finish. Kane Son Kulisevski make more of those situations count.

It was easy to get behind the compelling script of the fans meeting the bus and the fireworks outside the hotel and the blue flares and the dog being carried around, etc.

Now this is the hard part, the unglamorous part. The incremental improvement, the dropped points, the step back for every two or three steps forward, the awkwardness of bedding in new players and trying unfamiliar formations, the losing streaks.

This is when FL most needs backing, from ownership, board, players, fans. It doesn't put FL beyond criticism but it means that he gets a lot of leeway. He earned it when we stayed up, and stability is critical, we can't afford to turn it over yet again.

I think most Everton fans get that.

So what you're really saying is you think everyone is entitled to an opinion so long as it's the same as yours.
Not really mate, I think what he's saying is there's enough diversity of opinion and angst amongst Evertonians about Lampard and our general position without other supporters stirring the pot.

You seem a nice sensible lad, I'm sure you'll appreciate its a difficult time for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.