2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah he's a nice enough bloke. I'd long assumed he'd make a good manager because he seems very intelligent (for a footballer) but I guess it takes much more than that.
He spends too much time trying to be mates with all the players, it all seemed a bit too relaxed imo, players not very fit, didn't really know what they were doing, too many formation changes.

He spends too much time trying to be mates with all the players, it all seemed a bit too relaxed imo, players not very fit, didn't really know what they were doing, too many formation changes.
About sums it up. I listened to the interview and he comes across as a thoroughly nice bloke who automatically fell into football because of his Dad. He then worked hard and became the player and icon (for Chelsea) that he was. Unfortunately, it's quite clear how much he loves that club and that makes being the coach of another team much harder.

He was lucky to fall into the Derby job, luckier still to get the Chelsea job, fortunate to then get our job and then incredibly to get fired from that and go back to Chelsea. All the time, achieving precisely nothing.

He doesn't have the hard nosed attitude you need to be a top coach. Just that simple. Would be a Peter Taylor to a Brian Clough, at best.

About sums it up. I listened to the interview and he comes across as a thoroughly nice bloke who automatically fell into football because of his Dad. He then worked hard and became the player and icon (for Chelsea) that he was. Unfortunately, it's quite clear how much he loves that club and that makes being the coach of another team much harder.

He was lucky to fall into the Derby job, luckier still to get the Chelsea job, fortunate to then get our job and then incredibly to get fired from that and go back to Chelsea. All the time, achieving precisely nothing.

He doesn't have the hard nosed attitude you need to be a top coach. Just that simple. Would be a Peter Taylor to a Brian Clough, at best.
He's not smart enough to be a Peter Taylor imo, some of the set ups and errors he made were scary.

Status
Not open for further replies.