Formations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mouth of Martinez

Player Valuation: £750k
We are currently playing 4231 and I think that is very effective...against some teams. We occasionally struggle against two banks of 4 teams

What's your opinions on what other formations we could use.

With stones available we could easily play a 3-5-2

Alternatively we could play the diamond which worked so well for Liverpool last year

Thoughts

With our wingers struggling for form so much this season I think 352 could be a good option. At least til mirallas comes back.that system could aet us play ross.rom and eto'o at the same time without unbalancing the team

Looked like we started of with a 433 at the start of the season, looked dangerous, with our wingers not really doing it lately wouldnt mind seeing a 4312 given a try sometime, although if its not broke dont fix it, how we're set up now is doing the job

I think a diamond could work, especially since our wingers aren't currently cutting it. You could have Barry as the holding player, McCarthy with Besic or Gibson in the middle and Barkley or Naismith behind the front two.

With McCarthy and Besic in the middle it would give us the legs and drive against anyone In the Premier League.

With our wingers struggling for form so much this season I think 352 could be a good option. At least til mirallas comes back.that system could aet us play ross.rom and eto'o at the same time without unbalancing the team
We could do that anyway. Same set up as Burnley but Barkley in for Osman.

I don't like having two holding players when playing at home.Moving the ball from the back 4 to the front 3/4 is too slow. It would be difficult to drop either Gaz Baz or Jimmy Mc, but a more attacking formation is needed in certain games.
Playing away from home the current formation is ideal.

I don't like having two holding players when playing at home.Moving the ball from the back 4 to the front 3/4 is too slow. It would be difficult to drop either Gaz Baz or Jimmy Mc, but a more attacking formation is needed in certain games.
Playing away from home the current formation is ideal.
Playing 2 holding players allows us to get the best out of Baines and Coleman though.

4-3-1-2 is fine by me til we see Kev back.

Howard

Coleman
Jags
Alcaraz
Baines

Barry
McCarthy
Osman

Ross

Eto'o
Lukaku

Naisy can interchange places with Ross or either striker, or even come on for a midfielder when we need impetus going forward.

I don't really think it's all that important. Our formation is fluid and changes a lot depending on where the ball is on the pitch and whether we are in possession. Most of the time when we go forward we are already playing with 3 at the back with either fullback getting forward and the other staying back or both getting forward and Barry slotting in as 3rd CB.

I would be curious to see how we would do with 2 out and out strikers on the pitch though.

Status
Not open for further replies.