Fixtures 2015-2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not bothered about the tough start to the fixture list. It seems the top clubs tend to drop more points at the beginning of the season while new signings are bedding in and managers are figuring out their best formations and first XIs. Rather face them with a fit first XI at the start of the season then in January or February when our lack of depth would be exposed but teams with a 25 man squad won't.

If we have a poor start to the season then meh, I'd rather we drop points against tough opponents than Leicester or Norwich like usual.

Honestly though do you think judgement of him would be fair, this start is horrific even Chelsea would be gutted with this start.

These are the ideal teams to be judging him on. Nobody parking the bus and stopping us breaking them down. Nobody sitting back and hitting us on the break. If we play poorly in these games then he goes for certain. I am not on about winning I want to see a vast improvement on last seasons performances.

It could even work the other way if we play great in these games and we all think it's hunky dory then it's back to square one when we play the lesser teams. The only way he keeps his job is by the performances in these opening fixtures.

I've got a feeling that the club set R M's performance targets so low we'de have to lse 15 - 0 against Villa at home befre his job was called into question.

These are the ideal teams to be judging him on. Nobody parking the bus and stopping us breaking them down. Nobody sitting back and hitting us on the break. If we play poorly in these games then he goes for certain. I am not on about winning I want to see a vast improvement on last seasons performances.

It could even work the other way if we play great in these games and we all think it's hunky dory then it's back to square one when we play the lesser teams. The only way he keeps his job is by the performances in these opening fixtures.
Totally agree over performances, I think I mentioned it earlier in one of my replies.
We need to start well and try to be on the front foot, if we do I think most people will be content.

Who is even bothered about the fixture list anyway we play the same matches as everyone else, all 19 clubs home and away. Martinez is not getting binned at xmas regardless so it doesn't matter.

Who says so ?

Won't happen will it, and in a way i'm glad about that. Kenwright has never been the kind of chairman to sack a manager after a few games so I don't know where these ideas come from..

It's a sensible policy to have as well. You can't just knee jerk and sack the manager if it's not going well after 10 tough games. If people are sensible about things, they'd accept that there is no chance of us going down next season and therefore, he should be given the full season to make amends for last season. If he doesn't then i'm sure he will be out of a job and it would be deserved. I expect a good season though anyway.

kenwright won't sack him, would take something very drastic to happen. don't even think he would if we went down to be honest.

Why wouldn't Kenwright sack him. He sacked Smith and he never took us down.

Kenwright has other shareholders to answer to.

Status
Not open for further replies.