Financial Fair Play investigation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Obviously we’d rather have a suspended punishment but a concern with that is the time lag on accounting - we are dealing with a breach for 21/22 after 22/23 is concluded meaning if 22/23 puts us in further breach we are way beyond being able to do anything about it now.

Hopefully with the Gordon sale etc last season’s accounts are compliant but if they’re not a suspended points deduction could be as bad or worse (given the strength of the league this year) than an instant one.

Suspended points deduction with £35m due to walk out the door next summer for two players we signed this year? Oh boy.
Those deals will already be on the books as presumably they are amortised in the usual way. Deferring payments would’ve been a cash flow issue not an accounting one.

If we need to sort the books for future seasons there are assets we can sell to do so. The only issue as I said above is what is already baked in for 22/23 as that can’t be sorted now.

Suspended points deduction with £35m due to walk out the door next summer for two players we signed this year? Oh boy.
Media squad doing a fine job of talking up Branthwaite at every opportunity. Have the nationals doing too. Nice long contract signed. That’s the buffer right there. Suppose they should be congratulated on actually planning ahead.

Those deals will already be on the books as presumably they are amortised in the usual way. Deferring payments would’ve been a cash flow issue not an accounting one.

If we need to sort the books for future seasons there are assets we can sell to do so. The only issue as I said above is what is already baked in for 22/23 as that can’t be sorted now.

I thought the only reason we got them on the weird klarna payment structure was so that we didn’t have to put them on this year’s books?

Seen this now on our supporters group WhatsApp, 3 million fine plus 6 points suspended for 2 years.

Be almost worth saying just give us the points deduction now just in case we blow it later and there are 18 decent teams in the league. :hayee:
Nah take the suspended deduction and then dont waste money on crap players.. we should be in the clear our wage bill has been slashed and we havnt spent huge money in recient windows.. should almost be profitable in the next accounts minus of corse stadium spend.

That depends on what the courts findings are.
If there is a breach of law or fair procedure then the courts have to deal with that.
The ‘law’ in this case are Premier League rules and regulations. There would not be a case of a law being broken, they would likely try a civil case for damages. I suspect the court would be likely to take the stance that it is the leagues responsibility to impose sanctions and not the courts.

I thought the only reason we got them on the weird klarna payment structure was so that we didn’t have to put them on this year’s books?
I don’t think so, when you look at the millions we are taking on loans just to keep the lights on it’s clear we just literally didn’t have the money to hand over.

I don’t think the payment structure is really relevant to the books as the fee will just be amortised over the duration of the contract in the usual way. This year’s amortisation cost will be way more than covered by the summer’s sales.

That depends on what the courts findings are.
If there is a breach of law or fair procedure then the courts have to deal with that.
The commission also have the power to give unlimited monetary damages to any person or club, so if they chose not to those clubs have zero case. Any violation, and any damages from that violation to them will be decided by the independent commission and not a court unless the clubs prove the independent commission itself was corrupt and didnt follow the premier league rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.