Financial Fair Play investigation

Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing that will suck will that if we get a transfer ban as we've already suffered badly on the transfer front for about five seasons already.

Knowing us though it'll be another Everton First and we'll be made an example of and slapped with a 20 point deduction. If that happens no point really continuing with the season, just send the kids out and look to offload players out of contract at the end of the season by coming to a mutual agreement.

Given the independent adjudicator has said no sporting penalties I will amazed if any sort of points deduction will be considered even if we were guilty.

I'd imagine some sort of suspended sentence.

We may have passed the eye test, but on further inspection we falsified something which was discovered later.

There is some suggestion about loan payments and the stadium.

I personally think it relates to the last year we submitted. To that point the PL okayed us, and would imagine that will be the position, but didnt immediately ok last at of accounts (the one year with Richarlison sold).

If I`m honest I think the PL were forced to do this by the clubs relegated last season and the season before.

PL P&S is made of of a rolling 3 years accounts, so it wouldn`t be just last year. Period ending i.e. 21/22, 20/21, 19/20...

The PL had already signed off those accounts.

If they are pulling those accounts up again, saying they are not ok, 12 months after saying they were ok, they are going to look very week, and would like lose on appeal or in court.

Then it could be said any team relegated over the last 10/11 years would have a case , as serial rule breakers Man City has cost each club up to 6 points per season & ultimately may not have been relegated.

There'd be some lawsuits for real big money.
Yes that’s the tricky part although i suspect that the loss would be too remote. Hard to argue that Man City would have been relegated if they had played by the rules. A team losing out on a champions league spot or winning the league however would be less difficult.
Still difficult.

If they are pulling those accounts up again, saying they are not ok, 12 months after saying they were ok, they are going to look very week, and would like lose on appeal or in court.
Nothing will happen to us with regards to the ones the PL have cleared us on, it would open a can of worms.

If the PL have passed them and someone else found them to be wrong, then we could say every single set of accounts the premier league have passed , for all clubs need to be checked.

I think the Premier League have been forced in to this move by clubs like Burnley, Leeds & Leicester who would have all asked questions regarding our finances and threatening to take action against the PL... I think the PL has forwarded this to the independent commission to settle it one way or another.

My feeling is that we will be found innocent, or it will make the PL look very foolish, which should appease the clubs mentioned to have been through that process.

Unless there we have genuinely breached at some point...

The white paper the government released earlier suggesting sporting sanctions should not be imposed will not help us if found guilty, these are not yet legislation, so we could get a points deduction and then by time City have their heard they could have way way worse crimes but avoid sporting penalties.

Status
Not open for further replies.