Financial Fair Play investigation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ironic that if they decided to sue us on the basis that our spending generated results which saved us (regardless of our own results), one defence we could use (but wouldn’t) is that our spending has been horrible. X amount spent on players who had a market value of far less, based in the fact that no one bought them and they ran their contracts down. Our spending has given those clubs more of a chance and not less 😄

The fact we can point to our spending since where we have tightened our belt considerably might help us avoid any super harsh penalty anyhow. We are showing we do comply with the rules and it was other factors beyond our control that caused the issue.

No chance.. if you open that door who knows where it will end up.. get relegated by a point or miss out on champions league by 2 points and have had clearly wrong VAR decisions against you... sue then?
Any way I doubt courts would entertain such claims as PL financial rules aren't law, we haven't broken the law we may have broken PL rules.
It’s a breach of contract and therefore they can sue. Harder to prove that the breach lead to their relegation.

It’s a breach of contract and therefore they can sue. Harder to prove that the breach lead to their relegation.
Then it could be said any team relegated over the last 10/11 years would have a case , as serial rule breakers Man City has cost each club up to 6 points per season & ultimately may not have been relegated.

There'd be some lawsuits for real big money.

My understanding was that there was a question about tax issues abouutloans on the stadium not being counted against P&S losses until the stadium was actually completed or in use.

Now this may be some highly technical matter that was caught after final submission but I haven't seen any commentary about them being falsified after being through the PL when we were working with them.

Anyway we shall find out soon enough if there's anything to answer to.

My understanding was that there was a question about tax issues abouutloans on the stadium not being counted against P&S losses until the stadium was actually completed or in use.

Now this may be some highly technical matter that was caught after final submission but I haven't seen any commentary about them being falsified after being through the PL when we were working with them.

I really dont trust the line the club has put out there, personally.

As you say, we find out in 5 weeks I suppose.

Or maybe not, as the whole thing is behind closed doors.

The fact we can point to our spending since where we have tightened our belt considerably might help us avoid any super harsh penalty anyhow. We are showing we do comply with the rules and it was other factors beyond our control that caused the issue.
Yeah we’ve definitely self policed in that regard to the detriment of performances and our general league position malaise.

I worry that people assume that when the Premier League 'accepts' accounts that people think that they have been agreed as true. I take it to mean that the accounts have been 'received', (but not checked) rather than agreed.

Well if thats the case HMRC will have come knocking, unless HMRC have the right figures and the PL dont.

One thing that will suck will that if we get a transfer ban as we've already suffered badly on the transfer front for about five seasons already.

Knowing us though it'll be another Everton First and we'll be made an example of and slapped with a 20 point deduction. If that happens no point really continuing with the season, just send the kids out and look to offload players out of contract at the end of the season by coming to a mutual agreement.

Status
Not open for further replies.