Fellaini

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did Felli not say that there was no set fee as a release clause.
I would imagine the clause would say he could leave if a champions league club came in for him.So if two champions league cubs are interested then there could be a bidding war. Fekin hope so anyway.

As theirs too many figures been thrown around I think we just have to believe felli on this one that their isnt a fixed fee as surely he would know more than anyone? I have a feeling regardless that he will stay

exactly...seems to be the only thing that really matters. we know there is a clause but realistically if any player demands to leave its rare a team holds onto them. he hasn't. the words 'release cause' seem to be giving the impression that someone says a magic word and the wishes of the club and the player don't matter. out of interest has anyone other than the press called it 'a release cause' rather than 'a clause' which sounds less scary

I think we will probably keep hold of him this summer and he'll give us one last push for Europe/a trophy.

If you look at Modoric and C. Ronaldo who were kept at their clubs against their will and then performed at their highest level before getting the eventual move the following summer.

Think something like that will happen.

I got a feeling in the pit of my stomach we´ll end up losing Fellaini in an atrocious deal (20 mil to one of our competitors). One thing Everton are unable to do is to get high fees when our players are poached. The likes of Spurs and Liverpool seem to get around 40 mil when they sell a star player. Even when we sold Rooney we got pittance.

If it is £22m (which i dont think it is) then it was Fellaini and his people who set it. THEY wanted a release clause in his contract otherwise we would of risked losing Fellaini for buttons or for nothing.

If true, the £22million fee was really bad negotiating. Release clauses are usually set at the very top end of the players worth..

I think we will probably keep hold of him this summer and he'll give us one last push for Europe/a trophy.

If you look at Modoric and C. Ronaldo who were kept at their clubs against their will and then performed at their highest level before getting the eventual move the following summer.

Think something like that will happen.

Difference is teams were actually interested in signing those players and were prepared to pay top dollar.

Fellaini has offered himself to juventus and kenright has practically said he is for sale and still no bids. You could see this happening a mile off

I got a feeling in the pit of my stomach we´ll end up losing Fellaini in an atrocious deal (20 mil to one of our competitors). One thing Everton are unable to do is to get high fees when our players are poached. The likes of Spurs and Liverpool seem to get around 40 mil when they sell a star player. Even when we sold Rooney we got pittance.

probably cos we sound too eager to sell

Difference is teams were actually interested in signing those players and were prepared to pay top dollar.

Fellaini has offered himself to juventus and kenright has practically said he is for sale and still no bids. You could see this happening a mile off

Very true. Sadly.

fellaini was reported in a completely unreliable source as offering himself to Juventus. Fellaini has said in the press he wants to stay. why is the first sentence more believable

Hmm. £24m for Lescott and £11m for a fading AJ says otherwise. Looking back Rooney was still a little bit unproven as a long term hit, though the talent was obvious.

just realised this thread will be here in two years. we will be arguing about whether to get the forty mill in quoted for Fellaini as we could buy another 20 goal striker to play alongside the one we have and still have enough to buy that guy someone mentioned on another thread who is the Lithuanian Xavi, and Fellaini is bound to go because Moneyball.com has said so and so lets sell now while he is player of the year even though he says he is happy that is just an invitation to Ryan Giggs to come and buy him for Man U

Status
Not open for further replies.