Votes: 8 7.0%
  • Smeared in melted cheese

Votes: 12 10.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

FTY

Player Valuation: £70m
Just something else to talk about other than the endless transfer talk, where do you prefer the big man? I prefer him next to Gibbo myself, not only do they have a good partnership but teams just run through us with Osman in there, and with Fellaini behind Jela we've got no creative players through the middle, him in the no.10 role works sometimes but rarely and our togger isn't as sexy with him there. Also, no.10 is Ross Barkley's position so it gives him more of a chance. What do you reckon?

Definitely deeper. He and Gibson formed a very good CM partnership during the 2nd half of 2011/12. I felt as if he was wasted up front for most of the 2nd half of last season.

At the beginning of last season I said behind the striker, and the beginning of the season vindicated me for a bit.

But having seen him play both positions a considerable amount, I'm leaning towards deeper now. The cons are that he occasionally will lose his runner leaving us exposed in the back, that his height isn't as much of a factor as it is when he plays up top, and that he is more likely to draw cards in that part of the field.

The pros however, are that our entire style of play is more positive and i believe more effective when we don't have him as a target up top, that it frees up our attacking midfield players like osman, mirallas, and pienaar to work those sexy slick passes, that we'll win almost every header in midfield, and that with gibson sitting he can still occasionally make runs into the box and will be harder to track when he does so.

Hopefully martinez makes use of his versatility properly. Moyes would change him around too much, and you could tell that it threw him off occasionally. Fellaini's primary position should be holding midfielder, but in a game where we concede early but enjoy plenty of possession, he should push forward.

I prefer him deeper. Seemed like deep forward tactic got found out when people allocated him a groc to groc him to death. Playing as a centre mid he's only ever gonna be marked by centre mid and it also stops us from reverting to hoofing it and actually playing football.

Deep lying in Zenit's midfield with £45 gazzlion in our account.

I've just Googled 'Fellaini and Witsel' and found a beautiful realtionship:
Axel-Witsel-Marouane-Fellaini-540bg.jpg

Belgium_Fellaini_Witsel.png

tumblr_mae0nzqcEH1r8ipabo1_500.jpg

Atxel9iCQAEitDc.jpg:large

It looks like Lukaku just walked in on a 'moment' here....
129036502-axel-witsel-marouane-fellaini-and-romelu-gettyimages.jpg

105567972_ID3362166_05_witsel_belga_112704_022Z5L_0.JPG

He like a poorer version of Stevan Jovetic when he behind the striker. Moyes was trying to mold him into Cahill instead of moving on from Cahill.

Status
Not open for further replies.