Favourite Everton year in your lifetime...

Status
Not open for further replies.

FTY

Player Valuation: £70m
Year not season.

Mine was probably last year like, 2012, we played boss football at times, scored some great goals and made some cracking signings plus I think we only lost about 6 games, the lowpoints obviously being the 2 games against the sh*te at the end of 2011/12.

Was born in the 80's, so can't remember any of that. So it would have to 1995 for purely seeing us win a trophy at Wembley, then the season after with both Kanchelskis and Limpar in the team some of the football that year was great.

Well, I would opt for 2004/05 but I think that's a bit of a given (considering I'm only 20).

I would have to go for 2007/08, strong run in Europe, played some lovely stuff in the league.

1984 / 85 season. As a kid that was the year my old fella said at the start of the season that this team was going to win everything for the next few years... Seems like yesterday!

I was a kid in the 80s but 95 was a good year as I was old enough to really appreciate it. Winning the cup when the available team was no were near full strength. Having no fear heading in to a derby was great then too.

1963 - many say one of the finest teams in the history of top-flight football.

West, Parker, Meagan, Thompson, Stevens, Labone, Gabriel, Kay, Vernon, Young, Morrissey, Harris, Bingham, Scott, Temple (injured).

But we did play some glorious stuff between in the 60s especially 68-70 and then 84-87 in particular. To a lesser extent in 96 and a couple of seasons under Moyes.

Last edited:

2009. That FA Cup run meant a lot to me personally. Have a lot of family memories attached to it.

1985 and 1987 would've been, but criminally I don't really remember them very well.

So I'd have to say 1995, dogs of war and all.

Similar to me tbh. I actually preferred '84 to either of them, as it felt like a real journey.

'95 followed on from us staring into the abyss in May '94, so it was a special season in so many ways. I actually preferred the Cup semi at Elland Road to the Final, what a day that was.

..lived through 63, 70, 85 and 87. Interesting that Colin Harvey of all people said the class of '85 couldn't have lived with the 1970 team, but I really enjoyed watching that '85 team. Everybody was 100% on the same wavelength, they truly were a team in every sense of the word. No weak links and real underrated quality in the likes of Van Den Hauwe and Bracewell. Ball was my favourite but '85 was a great experience when we were so much better than everybody else and the players knew it.

1969/70 championship year achieved with pure class of a team from back to front with Mr perpetual motion Alan Ball the greates of them all!

Well, I would opt for 2004/05 but I think that's a bit of a given (considering I'm only 20).

I would have to go for 2007/08, strong run in Europe, played some lovely stuff in the league.

1984 / 85 season. As a kid that was the year my old fella said at the start of the season that this team was going to win everything for the next few years... Seems like yesterday!

READ THE INFO MINGES.

Status
Not open for further replies.