Faddy on the Bench?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FCConnecticut

Player Valuation: £2.5m
Why is the one striker we have who is scoring for club and country on the bench for the derby? I feel, that like last year, Moyes is guilty of coaching to what he wants and not he is getting. In other words he puts people in a position where he hopes they will perform and not putting in the people who have in fact performed. Faddy is one example this year, Beattie all last year and even the Jags Neville mid-field combo is one of wishful thinking. Johnson is becoming this years Beattie who's one score in months was set up by Faddy.

The rpoblem with our 'versatile' players is that we like to play them out of position where they under perform. Granted, the versatility is nice in a pinch but Moyes want to re-shape these players into something they are not.

It is going to hard to continue to attrack talent is Moyes is going to keep playing favorites and not reward performance with playing time.

To be fair though I thought Yakubu and Anichebe looked ok. Anway I think the tactic was always going to be a few long balls against them, so we needed strength up front, something which mcfadden doesnt provide.

He just put the team out that he thought could win it and he almost outwitted Rafael tactically once again. Just he didnt count on a cheating ref.

saving him for larissa?

aging livershite defence, give the two strong nigerian forwards free reign to get stuck into them (i thought vic put himself about well, although his first touch at times was atrocious)

no johnson, no vaughan, we were struggling for pace (i cant keep pointing this out) and mcfadden isnt a quick runner by comparrison.

it was a game in the trenches on saturday, and we fought well, pressurising for long spells, we didnt look buried even at 10 men.

He may not be a lot of things but he scores. That's all I know, right now he has the hot foot and another one in the net would have made a world of difference.

How many chances did we really produce? We had one OG to show for it.

While I want to do well in Europe, it is still a 'nice' to have. We have to take of the prem matches first and foremost since any finish below sixth is a big setback for a club trying to build up. I guarrantee we'll lose players a lot faster than we were able to get them.

Status
Not open for further replies.