Expectations For 2022/2023 Season

What are your realistic expectations for the 22/23 Premier League season?

• Europa League/Europa Conference League qualification (5th - 7th)

Votes: 12 6.7%
  • Top half finish (8th - 10th)

Votes: 43 23.9%
  • Mid table (10th to 13th)

Votes: 98 54.4%
  • Bottom half but safe from relegation (14th - 17th)

Votes: 27 15.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Baines' left foot

Player Valuation: £90m
A very early poll, but it’d interesting to see what are fan’s expectations for next season. Some options overlap slightly.

I’ve left cups out as I feel we need to concentrate on the league primarily. Any cup run would be a bonus for me. Baby steps and all that.

Poll will close the day before the first fixtures are expected to be played on 5th August. Votes can be changed.

It’s going to be another relegation scrap imo. I want to see the framework for long term success an academy shake up, promising youngsters signed and smart, early loans for youngsters we think have a bit about them.

For gods sake don’t replace the wasters who we sell/contracts expire with more wasters taking up a lot of money.

Thinking mid table, hardly any teams require a pure large scale cleansing like us, where one or two decent money signing can push them on, us ...... jesus where to start and how long will the fans give Frank before calling for his noggin if we are in 14/15 place just because they feel we should be challenging for a European spot when realistically we are nowhere near that party. I'd be happy with 12th or so if he can get a tune out of the guys and have then playing somewhat enjoyable to watch footie

Provided we start to put the core foundations in place upon which Lampard's vision can be built, I'd be more than content to see us finish 11th-14th. Normally you'd hope for some continuity within the playing squad in order to bring about stability in our league position. But I think this close season requires a huge overhaul to the playing squad in key areas (CB, DM, CM), and that will bring a level of inconsistency next year as new key additions find their feet, especially if they're of a younger profile or coming from other leagues.

Despite the magical first half of last season, we have been circling the drain for a number of years now even with massive expenditure, and so addressing the structural issues present in both the squad (lack of dynamism of center-halves and central midfielders; sheer inability to play through the lines) and the club's chain of command (Thelwell allowed complete agency as DOF; competent hires to take over the academy; sidelining of external consultants - Joorabchian) is paramount.

Top half I think is a good goal, players are going to think twice before joining us, we'll still have the bulk of the crap and have probably lost our best player(s).

Given that it might seem like a stretch but it's only 4 more wins from the absolute debacle of a season we have had.

With the current crop of players we have, it's going to be another bottom of the table clash.

Can't see us working absolute miracles in the transfer market this summer.

Will take a couple of seasons to clear out the deadwood and get the right players in for Frank's system. Gonna need some patience to climb the table, but after narrowly avoiding the drop this year I'm happy to wait.

Just below mid table will do but would like to see us play woth a fixed style of play. Also hope that we get more luck with injuries, dont expect much change from refs and var

I selected mid table, but the reality is the league is:

Top 2

Chelsea

Spurs/UTD/Arsenal

Everybody else

Bottom 3/5

We're probably in everybody else.

8/15 is just a mush.

Status
Not open for further replies.