Everton Youth Teams Thread

Everton Under-18s are in FA Youth Cup fourth round action against Southampton at Goodison Park on Wednesday evening.
Goals from Calum Dyson and Nathan Broadhead earned a 2-1 extra-time victory over Stevenage in the previous stage - and coach Paul Tait is optimistic the Young Blues can enjoy an extended run in the competition this season.

Tait has confirmed that starlets Ryan Ledson and Kieran Dowell, who made their first-team debuts in the Europa League against FC Krasnodar in December, will play against the Saints on Wednesday.

Admission at Goodison is £3 for adults and £1 for concessions, with cash turnstiles in operation in the Upper Bullens. Kick-off is at 7pm.

Everton Under-18s are in FA Youth Cup fourth round action against Southampton at Goodison Park on Wednesday evening.
Goals from Calum Dyson and Nathan Broadhead earned a 2-1 extra-time victory over Stevenage in the previous stage - and coach Paul Tait is optimistic the Young Blues can enjoy an extended run in the competition this season.

Tait has confirmed that starlets Ryan Ledson and Kieran Dowell, who made their first-team debuts in the Europa League against FC Krasnodar in December, will play against the Saints on Wednesday.

Admission at Goodison is £3 for adults and £1 for concessions, with cash turnstiles in operation in the Upper Bullens. Kick-off is at 7pm.

....I remember Paul Tait as a youngster at Everton. He's a Newcastle lad but been down here for many years. I thought Sheedy managed the youth team but good luck to the lads tonight. Let's hope they can lift some of the doom and gloom.

The Youth Cup tend to be a real benchmark of the talent at that age group, a winning side inevitably houses a future top player.

....I remember Paul Tait as a youngster at Everton. He's a Newcastle lad but been down here for many years. I thought Sheedy managed the youth team but good luck to the lads tonight. Let's hope they can lift some of the doom and gloom.

The Youth Cup tend to be a real benchmark of the talent at that age group, a winning side inevitably houses a future top player.

Club obviously taking it seriously, haven't both Ledson and Dowell been playing for the U21s? Should be a tough match given how good S'ton academy is.

@everton: Everton U18s (to face Southampton): Hewelt, Kenny, Connolly, Graham, Thorniley (c), Ledson, Donohue, Williams, Dyson, Walsh, Dowell. #EFCU18

@SouthamptonFC: #SaintsFC team for #FAYouthCup tie vs @everton: Isted, Mason, Jones, Clinton, Debayo, Cook, Sims, Little, Slattery, Demkiv, Barnes.

....just tuned into the OS, very poor live coverage that I can see. Still 0-0 I think.

...sods law after missing so many chances. Must be close to the end.
Yes, sounds like we are still creating chances but only 10 mins to go and we have made all our subs. Annoyingly Liverpool are winning their match vs Derby 4-1.

Edit Yes! @philkecho: GOAL #EFC equalise through Donohue '82

@philkecho: Initial shot from sub Harry Charsley is saved by Isted but Donohue reacts quickest to the rebound and slots home 1-1.
He did a tweet earlier in the game praising Donohue's work on the right wing as well so glad he has got a goal.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back