Everton Youth Teams Thread

Was with Dowell. But yes, however he could quite well have stayed fit all season is all I’m saying. Guaranteed minutes at Bolton trump a ‘maybe plays’ to me every day of the week.

...but it’s not just about the good of the player, it’s the good of EFC. He was certain to get game time behind Baines, there was no doubt about that. Once that opportunity arises, it’s up to the youngster to grasp it. That’s how they come through at top flight clubs.

...but it’s not just about the good of the player, it’s the good of EFC. He was certain to get game time behind Baines, there was no doubt about that. Once that opportunity arises, it’s up to the youngster to grasp it. That’s how they come through at top flight clubs.

So do you think his loan was a bad move because keeping him might have got us 7th?

So do you think his loan was a bad move because keeping him might have got us 7th?

..no, I just think he was a better option than playing a back-up RB at LB, in the same way way I thought Dowell was the best RM option before Walcott arrived. I don’t know how that would manifest itself in points, I just think it would’ve added better balance, blend, creativity and goals to the team.

So we finally make changes at academy level, get the best England youth teams we've had in yonks, and now we're forced to stick them in this crap formation just because Southgate likes it.

We will not win this tournament playing 3 at the back.