Match Thread Everton Vs Man Utd - FA Cup Semi Final - Wembley - Sat 23rd April - KO 17:15

Do you want Moyes back?

• Yes, I need psychiatric help.

• No, I am of sound mind.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Man Utd have conceded 30 goals in 34 league games this season, so even if we miraculously manage to return to a confident positive attacking style on the day, goals are going to be hard to come by. Maybe a more attritional approach of stopping them for scoring, frustrating them and trying to get one on the break might be the way to go?

We are going to get hammered by one of the worst Utd sides in many a year.
Still, pleased that Bill gets his day out at Wembley and that all that matters eh.

Most the players don't deserve to walk out at Wembley. As much as I want Martinez gone I can't help but thinking the players let us all down in one of the biggest fixtures of our season. Give the kids a chance, mix it with the players that have actually performed.

Sit deep like last night and this game is finished from an everton point of view. We need to stretch the pitch to stop united camping in our half. Maybe play Gerry just off or maybe in front of rom with rom in the 10 spot. The threat of Gerry's pace would keep them deeper not allowing them to push right up and dominate us. Everton also need to push the back four up at least 10/15 yds to allow us to engage utd higher up the pitch and be allowed to press. Pushing the back four up would leave us vulnerable to Marcial's pace, but we need to have a go Saturday.

Sit deep like last night and this game is finished from an everton point of view. We need to stretch the pitch to stop united camping in our half. Maybe play Gerry just off or maybe in front of rom with rom in the 10 spot. The threat of Gerry's pace would keep them deeper not allowing them to push right up and dominate us. Everton also need to push the back four up at least 10/15 yds to allow us to engage utd higher up the pitch and be allowed to press. Pushing the back four up would leave us vulnerable to Marcial's pace, but we need to have a go Saturday.

This. We have to get up that pitch otherwise it'll be a case of how many they win by.

Team predictions - really!
for a big game like this the team usually picks itself but we have so many injuries and supension that its hard to even start to figure a line up that is built on tactics rather than availability. I suspect full games for robles, Baines, Besic, Cleverly, Lennon, Lukaku, Mirallas, Barklay, McCarthy who are all fit. Maybe half a game for Barry and Stones which means two more people getting half a game or more each. Likely defenders but that would be logical so maybe Osman and Oviedo. If someone could permutate a starting line up out of that they are a better man then Charles Hawtrey. On the other hand... using Bobby-logic its probably a good opportunity to drop Robles for letting in 4 last night and bring back Star-jump Timmy for a farewell to the fans!

In the most painful time to be a fully committed Evertonian since the pre-Moyes days - we are going to Wembley with the hope and expectation of an abattoir bound animal when we should be buzzing with excitement.

Its really very very sad that Martinez has reduced us to these awful feelings. I'm going with my brother and two sons and we have just agreed to try and enjoy the day and anything other than the expected beating will be a bonus.

Only thing to do, is enjoy the day best you can, drink loads of ale and sing your hearts out for the blues.

Only one other thing might help to lift the gloom and that would be the news that Martinez has gone which will lift the clouds at least for now.

We have absolutely no chance with this joker still in charge. Pulling the trigger this morning was our only hope.

Unless the players completely ignore him and just go out there and play. Even then you'd expect very little given how pathetic they were at Anfield.

We will play right into United's hands with our mish mash disorganised system while they keep it tight and pick us off as we make basic fundamental errors in defense.

If we get anything out of this, I think it will just be through the players being desperate for a trophy. Martinez has lost them along with the fans and the plot. Expecting a 3-0 loss personally but hopefully the lads step up. The incentive is clear — Watford or palace in a final! It's a golden opportunity.

Sadly for the last 25 years, Everton have been the clumsy hand fumbling at the bra strap of opportunity, and I'm fairly sure the only tit we'll be seeing on Saturday is a rapidly balding, relentlessly optimistic bulb of a manager.
....Fumbling with the bra strap of opportunity.........Priceless !! lollollollollol

Status
Not open for further replies.