Everton vs Huddersfield Town, Match Report and MotM Pol

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Coleman stepping back into the old plucky Everton mantra from the Moyes day’s I do wonder how long you can keep players like Coleman Baines around when they know nothing other than good old little
Everton when your trying to give the team a new identity and a new purpose

Sent this to a mate at 5.15 pm
Not one player over the 90+ mins deserves any score over ..4..and that,s being generous
20 mins later his reply..
Got nothing to say mate other than i agree with you .........
Shameful

Close between digne and Zouma.

We lacked energy, spark and a number of players wete just not in it from the beginning.

I’m not worrying because that is our weakest starting 11 but we still should be beating opposition like this.

I think we need another striker abd cam in January.

I was baffled by our tactics. From the start, Davies picked the ball up in front of the back four and distributed the ball virtually unchallenged. But Huddersfield were generally quicker to the ball.

Despite Walcott and Calvert-Lewin nominally appearing as wide players, neither was used as a winger. Time and time again, we tried to play through the middle of the packed midfield and defence. It was difficult to see what role Sigurdsson was playing, and he made little contribution to the game.

Lookman and Baines came on, but still Everton were reluctant to attack down the wings. Passing movements were rare, as were shots on target. Huddersfield earned their point.

Silva got it wrong for me today.
It was obvious they were letting Davies and Snides have the ball as they knew there is no end product.
When it was clear after half time that they were structured to defend it should of been changed, giving Dowell a game on the left and pushing DCL forward, sacrificing Davies (who was very poor today). 4-4-2 would of stretched them and gave us more attacking threat.
Siggy could of sat in the centre to play the ball out to the wide men.
Disappointed by the lack of a tactical change.
People saying it’s still early, players missing etc, but there was no change in system, it was easy for them to defend,
Silva must do better with the tactics and player rotation in game time.

Status
Not open for further replies.