Match Thread Everton v Wolverhampton Wanderers - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Official ratings:

Pickford - 5 - Almost cost us a goal due to indecision, should have been out for their actual goal.
Patterson - 4 - The lad's got nothing about him at all.
Tarkowski - 4 - Looks awful. Some captain's performance that. Terrible in possession, terrible first touch, and terrible attempt at marking for their goal.
Branthwaite - 7 - Did nothing at all wrong and looked very calm on the ball.
Young - 3 - Absolutely atrocious today, definitely not the answer. He must have floated the ball slowly into the goalkeeper's arms over 10 times.
Onana - 3 - Yet another anonymous performance to go with the rest of them. Terrible, offered nothing whatsoever.
Gueye - 3 - Finished. Nothing else to say.
Doucouré - 5 - Energetic but quality-wise appalling. That header simply had to go in and he didn't even connect with it properly under no pressure.
Garner - 6 - Again played in a position he doesn't want to be in. Either play him central or don't play him. Better yet put him right back in place of the Scottish crab.
Dobbin - 5 - A few nice flicks but looked extremely lightweight and Semedo had him in his pocket while he was on the pitch.
Danjuma - 6 - Looked ok, positive at least but initial thoughts are he'll struggle to get more than a few goals this season.

-

Dyche - 5 - I respect the fact he finally made the necessary changes to his team and it's not his fault he's got a Championship squad. For once not an awful lot he could do about it.

It's hard to stay positive at the moment. But there were shoots of positivity today. Branthwaite being the main one. Dobbin and Chermiti are closer to the first team than I suspected. Danjuma had his moments.

We've lost 2 games at home against sides that will be bottom half without scoring so I get the doom and gloom. But the home performances aren't totally abject.

Status
Not open for further replies.