Match Thread Everton v Southampton 1/3/21 - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

sounds / reads like it was a boring, disjointed performance. But we have to keep the context. Imagine, this is still Year 1 - the first full year - under Carlo, and still only 4 players and a very disjointed season. I know it's the same for everyone. But for developing teams or weaker teams this has been harder

Pickford MOM only player not to make a mistake, Gomez i thought done alright but frustrates me because of the foolish Yellow cards. Richarlison good goal ran all night no one else done great i thought but 3 points priceless

I mean there's part of me fuming we didn't beat them 9-0 as that's the done thing nowadays, but a win is a win. :D

So many times a team or player have rectified bad form getting something out of us, so that's another positive for tonight.

It wasn't really a close game but the lack of finishing them off brought nerves - to us fans at least.

Weird to think that Southampton were top of the league not all that long ago, apparently having their best Prem season ever, and now they're down in 14th and in danger of being dragged down even further..

Status
Not open for further replies.