Everton v QPR. 15th Dec at 20.00.

Lad?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if your watching the season review of last year but there has been a noticeable change this year where Kev stays up front waiting for the break. Have a look where he is for the QPR goal, standing on the half way line with his hand in the air.

You may be right about that moment...but frankly Baines and/or Distin are more responsible for the goal. Shot not well contested...decent save all things considered...easy tap in with Zamora free on the far post.

But we kept the ball at the end and it worked, I don't get it. Granted our passing isn't at it's best, but sometimes you have to go backwards when there are no options. We were 3-1 up with 5 minutes to go!

People weren't booing at this in particular. The fans have startde to have a go at our decisions to play backwards from attacking free kicks, promising breaks and even corners.
There have been MANY times this season where we have needed a goal and played back to howard from one of those positions and the fans are sick of it. To the unseasoned supporter/tv commentator it may seem to be out of order but it is costing us a lot of points and makes us easy to play IMO

People weren't booing at this in particular. The fans have startde to have a go at our decisions to play backwards from attacking free kicks, promising breaks and even corners.
There have been MANY times this season where we have needed a goal and played back to howard from one of those positions and the fans are sick of it. To the unseasoned supporter/tv commentator it may seem to be out of order but it is costing us a lot of points and makes us easy to play IMO

This was how I viewed it. How you can have a free kick 30-40 yards from their goal and it gets passed all the way back to the keeper is crazy.........

What was going on in the upper Bullens? I was in the lower Bullens near street end. I saw most of the street end looking up at the upper Bullens and cheering.

You may be right about that moment...but frankly Baines and/or Distin are more responsible for the goal. Shot not well contested...decent save all things considered...easy tap in with Zamora free on the far post.
Maybe but I'm just saying that Kev has been deployed in a more advanced role this year- it reminds me of Real Madrid where the front 3 arnt required to track back, however Booby hasn't realised that this is the Premiership and we aren't Madrid!

My thoughts of last night;

1) won without playing well. 3 fortunate goals but they went in and i'll take them all day long.

2) Barkley deeper in midfield called a masterstroke, learning his trade etc. nonsence, we had no-one else fit to play that role. That is why he was there. It gave him scope to pass more which i did enjoy. And his goal is what our midfield has been lacking for years.

3) Besic- Legend. I've championed him since day one and although a better team may have outran him last night, i thought the hard tackles, the risks and the no half measures of his game is fantastic. Fast becoming my favourite everton player.

4) QPR are quite poor. They didnt impress me at all, bar for the first 20 minutes. They are struggling and you can see why pretty much.

5)Looking forward. We needed to win and there was no excuses to not do so, now we look to ther enst several weeks. This time last year we had a poor Jelavic and a burnt out Lukaku up front we faltered. This year we have Lukaku /Eto'o / naismith and even Kone as an option. If Martinez gets his tactics and subs right this can make a big difference to us as all offer something different.

6) Finally kev injured again. It is getting highly fustrating for me now and i am sure for him. He keeps coming in and starting to look like a top player then imjury hits again. If we kept him fit for a whole season, combined with the full backs we could be so much more creative. Piennar and McGeady arent the same and we will notice it next week.

BTW McGeady is still terrible.

Yeah absolutely. Like has already been sai though, those fans would rather a hoofed ball upfield to a lump of a 'striker' to battle for it. There was nothing wrong with playing the ball back and keeping it in that instance, it's not like we were in danger of losing the game.

Except we were doing the exact same thing when the score was 1-1 versus Hull.

Firstly, I think it's a bit rash to suggest anyone who disagreed with some of the booing last night is an 'unseasoned supporter'. Secondly, like it or not but our style of play demands having the ball, and it's a gradual process getting the players to play this way. By booing passing backwards you are not encouraging the players to play 'crisp passing' as many are saying here, you are encouraging them to panic and bang it up field. Where did that ever get us?

Yes, passing it back from the free kick wasn't great and is an easy example to pick up on, but I was referring to the end of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.