Everton v Fulham. Saturday 19th March @ 17.30.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thinks that's the problem with outsiders and some Everton fans in regards to Rodwell. Because the press arent creaming over him ala Wilshire, we're not playing high profile games like the Champs League, and the fact he's not making spectacular passes/shots/goals etc its hard to pin-point that "special" thing...unless you watch him, and watch him closely and how he could easily be the basis of a great spine to a great team.

Yeah, he needs games. He's hopefully gonna be playing straight through to the end of the season now. And if he's still at Everton next season, he should defo be 1st name on the team sheet and either playing behind a striker or with Fellaini.

Because of United's financial situation Fergie has pretty much kept his chequebook closed for the last couple of years. I think it's all paper talk myself. They've got about 7 central midfielders already anyway! (Anderson, Carrick, Scholes, Gibson, Fletcher, Hargreaves).

As a team, I think we spend too much time and energy chasing the ball high up the pitch, so players don't have enough left in the tank to go flying forward on a break. Moyes said a while ago that he had to tell Fellaini to stop running around like a headless chicken but, if you heard him yesterday, he was urging Baines to close down in midfield (which opens up our left flank to a player running in behind). I think someone like Ferguson would give Rodwell clear instructions and play to his strengths. I think he has more potential than Smalling, who is really starting to flourish now.

It was rodwells fault for their goal as he switched off and ball watched as the ball was played into zamora, and he allowed dempsey to get a yard goalside of him.

We're not getting into Europe this season, nor do we deserve to, in all fairness. All the top 5 have produced markedly better football than us for most of the season.
Noses back to the grindstone and redouble our efforts for next year..

There is rumors that due to money problems that Brum isn't going to be allowed in Europe so even 7th might be enough.

Oh, and I'll say it again.

Anyone notice where Distin was when Fulham scored?

(I'll give you a hint. It wasn't in the center of the backline next to Jags.)

It was rodwells fault for their goal as he switched off and ball watched as the ball was played into zamora, and he allowed dempsey to get a yard goalside of him.

I thought that as well but good 3 points and well played ossie,baines,jags,distin and tony hibbert.

The girl in the rollers was boss, i hope she had ugg boots and jama bottoms on too, Zamora is a cock,that counting the seconds every time howard had the ball was doing my head in, ive come to the conclusion that rodwell does a great impression of my staffie with a football, he just runs around after the ball for hours, never gives up but never gets anywhere.

Never thought I would say this but it turns out we have missed the basic but steady skills of hibbert, he might not be the most spectacular of players but his cool head has been missed! who'd a thought it!

The girl in the rollers was boss, i hope she had ugg boots and jama bottoms on too, Zamora is a cock,that counting the seconds every time howard had the ball was doing my head in, ive come to the conclusion that rodwell does a great impression of my staffie with a football, he just runs around after the ball for hours, never gives up but never gets anywhere.

Never thought I would say this but it turns out we have missed the basic but steady skills of hibbert, he might not be the most spectacular of players but his cool head has been missed! who'd a thought it!

Couldn't agree more with the Hibbert comment, he's been brilliant for us the last few games, constantly making great tackles, especially against Birmingham.

Good lord that was a tough 3 points to watch. After we got the second goal after the break, we go scared... forget to play the ball on the ground... launch it long and fall back into defense.... time and time again.... no intent to work the ball upfield. We looked like a team with low confidence who felt fortunate to be up 2... and then 1. Thank goodness for the early goal. We'll take 3 from that.

Status
Not open for further replies.