Match Thread Everton v Bournemouth - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I am finally starting to assimilate yesterday and all the emotions that came with it. This was, for me, worse than how I felt against Wimbledon or Coventry.

I'd checked my emotions for the entire week perhaps as a defence mechanism, but as we headed towards Goodison it all started to unravel.

County Road was immense as was around the ground; the roar before and during Z-Cars was up there with the halcyon days of times gone by.

In terms of the match, I thought we played relatively well overall. Dyche had clearly told them to be measured with their approach from the outset.

Whilst the fans were desiring an explosive start, we took the disciplined approach, which did allow Bournemouth (to some extent) to be time-wasting snides.

I thought Gana, Doucouré and Garner were all great: Gana was everywhere, breaking up the play; The Duke once again our engine; Garner so comfortable.

Iwobi looked lost at times, which I feel shackled McNeil's ability to drive forward and create, although at left-wing back he needed to be measured.

Onana was okay, however I'm unsure what his purpose is at sometimes. Gray fulfilled his purpose, yet with Dom I think it would have been comfortable.

At HT, the nerves were palpable down on the concourse in the Street End, to the extent I struggled to drink my pint. We didn't look that likely to score.

Up stepped the man - the machine - who has stepped up since Dyche came in. People may question his previous attitude, but he's been immense as of late.

Couple that with Pickford, who has once again helped save us, and we had enough to get it over the line. The feeling of relief at the end was huge.

My son cried tears of happiness, whereas I sat with my head in my hands trying to take it all in - another season like this near year simply can't happen.

In terms of Bournemouth, I hope they're relegated next year due to their antics as a whole. Solanke, O'Neill and their number ten can all do one!

Doucoure off, besides Brighton he has done nothing
IMG_5599.jpeg

Having re watched the highlights, I`ve got to say that the defence and in particular Tarks and Mina were just immense yesterday ( apart from the miss pass, that Mina somehow covered with his block )

The two of them went into battle for us and there shouldn`t even have to be a vote for Tarks as player of the season.

If it`s going off, he`s always the first there, to protect his team mates and I love the fact, that he doesn`t just get involved, but also winds the opposition up at the same time, by laughing at them whilst he`s doing it.

Massive credit needs to go to Mina too, as he could have very easily had the day off yesterday, knowing that that was his last game. 💙

Last edited:
I'm glad that's over and done with! The relief at the final whistle was overwhelming. The fans were amazing (apart from the brainless kids who thought running on the pitch was a good idea).

James Garner MoM by a street, a really mature performance. Doucoure owed us that goal to make up for his idiocy v Spurs.
Now the club has to sort itself out and build a winning team for next season. I hope the FA doesn't go over the top with any penalties they are likely to impose. COYB :drunk:

Status
Not open for further replies.