Match Thread Everton v Arsenal - Barely a preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mate these players don't care. This has become very clear to me in the past few years. They don't give a sugar about Everton or the supporters
There is an apathy about the club for sure, but. It's Dyche's job to change that, in fairness if I was a premier league footballer playing for Dyche with his Neanderthal tactics, I'd probably be apathetic too.

Be nice if some of the players put some effort in to earn their wage.

If we didn't know, is going to be a long long hard season.

I think they do, but are just being set up to play football that makes your eyes bleed.
This is what I see too. I think they would put in a shift if they believed in what the manager was serving up.

We keep going on about the players just being overpaid pansies that don't care, but most of this squad wasn't even around for the last few years. If people keep thinking that the problem is a group of players not caring, how can that be explained when the group of players changes? Have we genuinely signed 30-40+ players over a multi-year period all with the same bad attitude? That doesn't seem possible.

For me that's a problem with the people above the players.

Awful performance, the worst bit being we looked beaten from minute 1. Tactically a shambles, 2 man short corners throughout and we never changed how we defended them so they just kept doing it. We had absolutely no idea what to do with the ball simply because they occupied the full backs. Onana, Gana and Doucoure made my eyes bleed, compounded by the fact that Garner, who can actually play a bit was left out. McNeil offered nothing and whilst he needs minutes to keep him on until the 87th minute was ridiculous. Considering Pickford is lauded for his distribution it was shocking today. When Young is swapped for Patterson because we need a goal it shows what the mentality was from the start. Please can we stop launching the few dead balls we get straight into the keeper's hands?

I never expected us to win but I did expect us to try to win.

Dyche should be getting a better level of performance from what he has available to him than what we saw today.

Dyche has totally missed what it means to manage everton, as did allardyce. You got to go out to try and win every game - no you don't have to be naive, but trying to worm a 0-0 at home means he's not fit to be here

Status
Not open for further replies.