Everton USA - Network of EFC Supporters clubs across the USA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently the 'Tarheel Toffees' group has changed their name to 'Carolina Toffees' to be more inclusive of the South version.

Not sure if any of the facebook stuff updated, since I am not a member of the facebook thing, but perhaps someone that is could see if the link has changed?

Can't post link , Forbes best colleges 2013

After I took that lap I looked online, 153 lol. I'm just a blue who really doesn't care where you come from, but for you to be elitist and not want to be associated with blues from NC is a little bit strange to say the least. Hopefully one day you will get what it takes to call yourself an Evertonian, most of us are lucky to be chosen. The ones that are not chosen but choose are very welcome in my eyes but also need to be educated.
My first lesson for you, get on youtube and look up Everton 96 tribute. Hope this helps.

As a New Yorker, its been funny watching this South Carolina/North Carolina spat. As if their is a bit a difference between the two.

While not exactly a Harvard, Clemson is a better school than people think it is. I think its SEC-type football (that's the American type) culture leads to the stereotype that its just a glorified community college. I think its more highly regarded than that school in Columbia. Anyway, my parents have for many years lived outside Myrtle Beach so I know SC very well. Have been to NC many times also. Not a hill of beans difference between the two states.

As a New Yorker, its been funny watching this South Carolina/North Carolina spat. As if their is a bit a difference between the two.

While not exactly a Harvard, Clemson is a better school than people think it is. I think its SEC-type football (that's the American type) culture leads to the stereotype that its just a glorified community college. I think its more highly regarded than that school in Columbia. Anyway, my parents have for many years lived outside Myrtle Beach so I know SC very well. Have been to NC many times also. Not a hill of beans difference between the two states.

I have a few friends who go to Clemson and a few others who got rejected by it. Seems pretty hard to get into, at least if you're out of state. The Engineering program is top-notch.

There really isn't a huge different between any state. I mean, you're from New York, but where? Upstate is basically a colder SC (or rural NC). I make fun of SC because I think of it like rural NC. I realise that it's not in places like Charleston and Myrtle Beach, I just tend not to think of them when I think of SC, much like people don't think of Asheville, Boone, RDU, or the coast when thinking of NC. The triangle, like any urban center, is completely different from the rest of the state.

Clemson: Not exactly a Harvard

They'll probably add that to their motto. The "SEC-type" football program down there has, in the last 20 years, won the same amount of conference championships as perennial powerhouses UVa, Maryland and Wake Forest.

There really isn't a huge different between any state. I mean, you're from New York, but where? Upstate is basically a colder SC (or rural NC). I make fun of SC because I think of it like rural NC. I realise that it's not in places like Charleston and Myrtle Beach, I just tend not to think of them when I think of SC, much like people don't think of Asheville, Boone, RDU, or the coast when thinking of NC. The triangle, like any urban center, is completely different from the rest of the state.

When someone says that they are a New Yorker, that means they are from NYC or very close thereto. No one from upstate would use that phrase. The I-95 corridor from Boston to Philly is very, very, very different than NC and SC. I, and most every other New Yorker, would find it humorous that someone in NC makes fun of someone in SC because SC is rural. I can safely tell you that when we think of NC and/or SC, we think of the same exact thing.

Clemson: Not exactly a Harvard

They'll probably add that to their motto. The "SEC-type" football program down there has, in the last 20 years, won the same amount of conference championships as perennial powerhouses UVa, Maryland and Wake Forest.

Note I said its SEC-type "culture". Its how they view themselves and the image they project. My man Matt Ryan had a lot to say about their dearth of ACC titles.

When someone says that they are a New Yorker, that means they are from NYC or very close thereto. No one from upstate would use that phrase. The I-95 corridor from Boston to Philly is very, very, very different than NC and SC. I, and most every other New Yorker, would find it humorous that someone in NC makes fun of someone in SC because SC is rural. I can safely tell you that when we think of NC and/or SC, we think of the same exact thing.
People from Upstate do use that phrase. I'm from Upstate. And it sucks when people ask me where I'm from "New York", "Oh, I love the city", "No, I'm from the crappy bit".

That's exactly my point. The RDU area while not the megalopolis of the I-95 corridor, is turning into an urban center. It's culture is closer to the I-95 corridor than it is to the rural areas of the state. Just like you have more in common with Boston or Philly than Rochester or Buffalo, we have more in common with DC, Baltimore, and Philly than 'rural' NC/SC. Just like a 'college town' is basically a college town regardless of state.

It's all perception. State lines are functionally meaningless it's more about population and demographics, except for Texas, that may as well be a different country.

People from Upstate do use that phrase. I'm from Upstate. And it sucks when people ask me where I'm from "New York", "Oh, I love the city", "No, I'm from the crappy bit".

That's exactly my point. The RDU area while not the megalopolis of the I-95 corridor, is turning into an urban center. It's culture is closer to the I-95 corridor than it is to the rural areas of the state. Just like you have more in common with Boston or Philly than Rochester or Buffalo, we have more in common with DC, Baltimore, and Philly than 'rural' NC/SC. Just like a 'college town' is basically a college town regardless of state.

It's all perception. State lines are functionally meaningless it's more about population and demographics, except for Texas, that may as well be a different country.

"Its all perception." Yes, this is exactly what I am talking about. The "perception" that we have of NC and SC is that they are exactly the same - hence its funny when persons from one state mock the other. Its like you are having a conversation seperate from the one I am having. Of course areas within states may vary significantly in terms of demographics, wealth, education, culture and way of life. Of course state lines are mostly meaningless. No one knows this more than me. I currently live, and grew up in, a town where I can run at a dead sprint into another state from my house. Where I may criss-cross the state border multiple times a day, and indeed where I sometimes aren't sure which state I am in if I am on a residential street that I am not hugely familiar with.

If your an american blue please consider this
as your next hair cut lol

2n85w6f.png

I'm in Dallas at the moment. If anyone here is in the North Texas Toffees supporters group and you like to go to the pubs and get rowdy for the games, let me know haha.

ETA: I apologize for getting off topic from this NC-SC slap fight haha.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.