Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
How so?

Hidetoshi Nakata (japan) compared to Ji Sung Park (South Korea) ?

Shinji Ono (Japan) compared to Lee Young Pyo (South Korea)?

Cant really see how they could be classed as similar?

He judges players by their eye colour. If we got someone with green eyes he’d have a meltdown.

How so?

Hidetoshi Nakata (japan) compared to Ji Sung Park (South Korea) ?

Shinji Ono (Japan) compared to Lee Young Pyo (South Korea)?

Cant really see how they could be classed as similar?
Similar in work ethic/commitment mate. It's practically intrinsic to asian culture.

Think the first sales ideally should be:
Bernard: 12m
Gylfi: 13m
Davies: 10m
Kenny: 10m

Gylfi/Bernard help free up big wages and Bernard/Davies/Kenny represent FFP profit to help with the books.

That combined with loans (again) for the Bolasie and Sandro crowd and hopefully permanent sales for the Besic, Tosun, Dowell types might free up the space needed.

Delph probably stays with Baines going plus he provides midfield depth (in theory). Carlo likes Keane and in the right role he plays well enough. Theo survives to provide depth. If the right offer comes in for Mina and we can replace him with a starting caliber player then sell him, if not he stays. Pickford likely sticks around. I’m not optimistic that we can sell Iwobi without hurting the books.

That is ~50-55m in total sales and >500k per week off the books (including Morgan).

Add that to whatever there already was to spend and maybe we have 80-100m to spend and ~500k in wages. It has to enable us to buy/loan starting caliber CM, RM, LM and RB and at least 1, maybe two, bench caliber CMs and possibly a young attacker.

We would have:

Pickford/Lossl
New/Coleman
Mina/Keane
Holgate/Branthwaite
Digne/Nkounkou (Delph)
New/Theo
Gomes/Delph
New/New
New/Gordon
DCL, Richey, Moise
plus Iwobi, Gbamin, Baningme, Ellis, Gibson and the others
Bernard for 12m LOL. I think if that is true i can sell my granny for 20M. Shes dead but still stronger and faster then Bernard. Gyilfi 13 M LOL. You have to find someone who has lost his eyesight and his reason 4 years ago!
Davies 10M LOL. If you find someone who gives you 10M for Davies surely you will find someone you can sell 60 kg of sand for that price.

Bernard for 12m LOL. I think if that is true i can sell my granny for 20M. Shes dead but still stronger and faster then Bernard. Gyilfi 13 M LOL. You have to find someone who has lost his eyesight and his reason 4 years ago!
Davies 10M LOL. If you find someone who gives you 10M for Davies surely you will find someone you can sell 60 kg of sand for that price.
Bernard was very good at Shaktar, he just doesn't suit this league. I think he would do well anywhere else and a foreign team might see that and pay £12m for him, we would be very luck though.

This is a world where mings and iwobi went for a combined £50m,prices are weird now, people who don't watch our players every minute won't see our players as badly as we do.

Unfortunately clubs use stats as form of scouting! They will see say a midfielder with 90% pass completion and think great, then end up with Morgan Schneiderlan
They should definitely be using stats as a part of their scouting. Every team does that.

No scout at a professional football team is seeing a player with 90% pass completion and thinking he must be signed just off the back of that stat.

The free player market is something you'd hope we'd explore. I see someone like vertonghan who could come in and do a job for two years, especially if we cant hit our prime centre back targets. Just a good squad player who could be our backup left back and provide a bit of steel and experience. Not every player has to have a sell om value, but we could definitely do with maybe two players of that ilk.

Status
Not open for further replies.