Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
...interesting view. I thought he was just looking for another move. I was sure Tomori loan to us had been agreed, but that was pulled when Luiz wanted to leave (hence the last minute chase for Rojo).
Yeah the way I read the situation is Luiz realized late in the window that Chelsea having 5 or 6 CBs meant someone wasn't going to play much and decided it wouldn't be him. But I don't really know.

Why are we selling Bernard here Zatmonster?

Assuming Gordon comes through hes supposed to be better on the left.

Iwobi i cant see being sold, bernard is on high wages and only 2 years left on his deal.

As much as i like Bernard i do feel we need to clear FFP rules on wages and fees to be able to invest under Ancelotti.

We could do the following imo:

Kenny - £7-8 million
Davies: £5-8 million
Hornby: £1.8 million
Dowell: £2 million?
Keane: £15 million

Thats FFP profit on 5 players that wouldnt even effect the first team.

There is money to be made especially selling home grown talent but this club has a weird obsession with stockpiling young players for nothing - look how long Pennington/Dowell have been around for.

You telling me we couldnt have sold either for what we would get for Hornby who isnt as established as them?

Juve and Dortmund literally sign players on free transfers to sell for FFP profit - we could do that with Bernard and fetch £12-15 million but we wouldn't have the acumen to do it.

It's all so simple! I mean there must be a reason Brands has a good reputation in the game, but they could have just hired you instead and, with your numbers pulled from the source of working backwards from your conclusions, you'd have it fixed in a week!

...which is why it’s problematic shifting most of them.

Massive problem.

Some of them of course only have 1 - 2 seasons left on their contracts now so we can sell for lower money and free up the wages.

I wonder if players may also prefer to move for lower salaries now but the safety of longer contracts.

Assuming Gordon comes through hes supposed to be better on the left.

Iwobi i cant see being sold, bernard is on high wages and only 2 years left on his deal.

As much as i like Bernard i do feel we need to clear FFP rules on wages and fees to be able to invest under Ancelotti.

Bernard for £12-15 million and a further £15 million for Kenny/Davies is near £30 million straight FFP profit.

Would sort us right out.

It's all so simple! I mean there must be a reason Brands has a good reputation in the game, but they could have just hired you instead and, with your numbers pulled from the source of working backwards from your conclusions, you'd have it fixed in a week!

In Holland.

Neil Lennon has a good reputation in the SPL means sod all really in the big boys leagues.

Sigurdsson is three years in, most of his transfer fee will be deprecated already for FFP, prob down to somewhere around 10-12m. Keane will be down to somewhere around 8 I would think. (This is assuming FFP uses deprecated numbers in their calcs which I assume they do).

Hello buddy not seen you post in a while

Massive problem.

Some of them of course only have 1 - 2 seasons left on their contracts now so we can sell for lower money and free up the wages.

I wonder if players may also prefer to move for lower salaries now but the safety of longer contracts.

...the longer contract is certainly a plus as it does provide them with security, but much will depend on how long they have left here. Not forgetting, if they see their deal out with us they are looking at a lucrative Bosman.

Still, the only reason to not just fix it as simply as you suggest and in double quick time must be incompetence eh?

Its not simple but its not impossible either.

Asking for £20 million for the likes of Tosun however is idiotic and the reason why it leaves us stuck needing to sell the likes of Schneiderlin for £1.8 million when we likely could have punted him for £5-6 million a year or so ago.

We gave Koeman £150 million to spend in one transfer window

We gave Silva £200 million over 2 windows

Alladyce £50 million in 1 january window

Them idiots running our club better give one of the worlds best managers the funds to have us push on next year.

None of this 2-3 signings rubbish the squad isnt anywhere near good enough.

I agree, but I also think it's too simplistic to blame them 3, there has to be some blame levelled at the directors of football and Kenwright. I still don't understand the summer we bought Sigurdsson, Rooney and Klassen all to essentially play in the same position, when we really needed a striker to replace Lukaku

Its not simple but its not impossible either.

Asking for £20 million for the likes of Tosun however is idiotic and the reason why it leaves us stuck needing to sell the likes of Schneiderlin for £1.8 million when we likely could have punted him for £5-6 million a year or so ago.
You’ve not got a single clue, not 1, about how football finances actually work.

Status
Not open for further replies.