Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
To me, these positions that need strengthening are essential and we haven't nailed them. Not one. Bolasie and Gueye: both signings we're non-essential. Stekelenburg: we needed an upgrade on Robles not a competitor for him.

Williams is the one shining example of getting what we needed.
I think Gueye has been a great little find, and I think an important find. It appears McCarthy and Besic appear to be picking up contestant injuries, so we needed support in the midfield. The GK I agree I do believe we need an improvement....but let's give him credit he done extremely well. On Bolasie he is a great addition to the squad and will give us strength/pace and something different.
I am not saying we don't need more players, we do without a doubt
All I am saying is we may need patience before they all come to fruition

We are heading in the right direction.....I think

That's just not true. The hype has also been from Moshiri and the club in how it has dealt with the media. Remember Moshiri did say that they would do everything to keep our stars and add to them. Well setting a price and selling below that price isn't what I call doing what he can.

If Chelsea had of met Rom's valuation he probably would have gone too. Thankfully Chelsea aren't the big spenders like they used to be and no one else wanted him.

Pure speculation and no evidence to back that up whatsoever.

Nobody knows what was the required price for Stones. Moshiri hasn't one been quoted about any of that.

Gueye wasn't essential?? The lad is what we've been after for years. A bundle of energy in the middle. If stekeleburg cost £20m and signed from one of the big Italian teams we would be raving about him. He's won us points in every game we've played so far.
is right mate , most on here wrote stek and gueye before they even put the shirt on

Its Bank Holiday in the UK today, so no signings will be done, ya melts.

Mosh is on a massive all day binge in London, and the text to Jim actually meant to say said 'I am completely spaced' but the autocorrect did its magic

Expect tomorrow morning to be a bit quiet while he gets the hangover sorted with a fry up, and then unlocks the war chest for a massive splurge in the afternoon.

Two Premier League signings have gone through today mate.

Not saying we will do anything (although we definately will 150%), but we could.

Well Mondays over.....we've blew it.

Can't wait for the, we'll have time to bring top players in January. And when we do nothing then it'll be.....well never a good time to buy players, come Summers and we'll spend the war chest...

What a let down this summer has been. Absolutely failed.

Can't wait to hear the excuse and sugar coating off the happy clappers. Should be fun this....
It's definitely looking like the Team Happy Clappers is going to lose and Team Pampers is going to win.

Can we please not use a bloody season ticket slogan as an excuse to slate the club?

Genuinely don't have a problem with the slating but it's the fact a lot of these 'tales of broken promises' are based on a bloody slogan!!!!

NOBODY has PROMISED anything.

The HYPE has been from the FANS (as it always is).

The only thing that has been said by the club is that we are working on 2-3 deals still to be completed.

There's two days left of the window.

So far today, two PL clubs have made signings - Southampton signing a 22-year-old from Lille and WBA signing Chadli.

We're in a much better position heading into the final few days of the window than we were at the start of it, and more business will be done.
Well said.

That's just not true. The hype has also been from Moshiri and the club in how it has dealt with the media. Remember Moshiri did say that they would do everything to keep our stars and add to them. Well setting a price and selling below that price isn't what I call doing what he can.

If Chelsea had of met Rom's valuation he probably would have gone too. Thankfully Chelsea aren't the big spenders like they used to be and no one else wanted him.

Right, firstly - we got £47.5mil UP FRONT, for Stones - who didn't want to be here. A WORLD RECORD fee that will go up to 50mil.

To counter anyone coming in for Rom, we set the high valuation.

To me, these positions that need strengthening are essential and we haven't nailed them. Not one. Bolasie and Gueye: both signings we're non-essential. Stekelenburg: we needed an upgrade on Robles not a competitor for him.

Williams is the one shining example of getting what we needed.

We have been crying out for an effective winger because of Martinez's dire attempts at getting hold of one, so we got Bolasie. Gueye does McCarthy's job about 10x better than him, and Stekelenburg has shown he is more than capable so far - replacing yet again another horrific Martinez singing in Robles, who couldn't even compete with Howard.

is right mate , most on here wrote stek and gueye before they even put the shirt on
It's annoying mate, if the keeper turns out not good enough then so be it but if you go purely off what we have seen he has been excellent. If Joe hart had sired and put them 3 performances in we wouldn't have heard the end of it.

It's definitely looking like the Team Happy Clappers is going to lose and Team Pampers is going to win.

Hmmm...not sure I see your logic on this one. How do the "Happy Clappers" lose? Most of the "Happy Clappers" as you call them are happy with progress - any signings between now and the end of the window are a bonus. I'm personally not going to start chucking the toys and throwing a paddy fit because we haven't signed boss players for £100M. If you want to continue whining like a spoilt brat then do so, I will simply be hitting the ignore button.

:bye:

Status
Not open for further replies.