New Everton Stadium Discussion

A few mentions on here about about Borussia & Juventus stadiums. Both are steep, and compact with single level ends. It would mean good views for all fans. With everyone on one tier, creating a much better atmosphere as it would be easier to get everyone joining in if all in one group. Would make for a fantastic match day atmosphere. One of the things people keep bringing up about GP is that the fans are so close to the pitch, making it a daunting place to play. Both these stadiums are like this. Would love to keep that going int he new stadium instead of the lifelessness of both the City of Manchester stadium and the Emirates.

I can't see the Juve stadium working for us. Our fans are far more reserved than theirs. Plus the steep stands will just mean we'll constantly sit like in the Park End.

As shallower as you can get while maintaining a good view will be better for us.

The close to the pitch part yes I agree with you on.

Then they're missing out. Slides are great.

article-2224671-15BBAC66000005DC-468_634x431.jpg

Definitely. I understand the Amex Stadium in Brighton is like this, where people are encouraged to spend a few hours before the match and stick around for a while afterwards; restaurants, shops etc. Modern football is a family event, and there's no reason why the football shouldn't just be a 90 min section of a day out, rather than being the sole purpose, then you go home.

......I presume that type of area would need to be an attraction on non-match days, particularly during the summer. In that respect it would be in competition with the City Centre.

......I presume that type of area would need to be an attraction on non-match days, particularly during the summer. In that respect it would be in competition with the City Centre.
Yeah, I guess. Think of the O2, that's always quite busy even when there's no events on. Build a cinema, restaurants & shopping alongside the stadium, the whole family can go along, and those who don't go the game can be entertained in other ways.

Seriously, I think people are getting excited over nothing. It seems we have a masterplan which will refer to travel infrastructure etc etc.

If people are expecting to see designs for a new stadium soon, they will be mistaken. Anyway, it won't happen.

Seriously, I think people are getting excited over nothing. It seems we have a masterplan which will refer to travel infrastructure etc etc.

If people are expecting to see designs for a new stadium soon, they will be mistaken. Anyway, it won't happen.
Not sure anyone is getting excited. Just discussing the sort of options that they'd like to be taken into account.

Its rather like discussing what you're going to spend your lottery winnings on. You know you're not going to win, but its nice to fantasize about it!

Not sure anyone is getting excited. Just discussing the sort of options that they'd like to be taken into account.

Its rather like discussing what you're going to spend your lottery winnings on. You know you're not going to win, but its nice to fantasize about it!

I'd buy a load of land in the south of France, build a house on the lands. One that honours the beautiful landscape with it looks, but it has all the mod cons.

Out in the back, I will build a massive deep pool. I buy loads of dolphins and let them swim in it. Remember the thing that Ripley uses to fight the queen alien in Aliens. I will buy a waterproof version of that and kill them evil dolphins.