New Everton Stadium Discussion

http://toffeeweb.com/season/14-15/comment/fan/28469.html

A number of interesting discussion points that all need their own individual thread really.

1. Building for Expansion
2. External Appearance
3. Shallow stands v Steep stands
4. Number of tiers
5. Internal Appearance
6. Executive boxes and positioning
7. Positioning of away fans
8. Type of Tiers
9. Corners
10. Rows in End Stands
11. Future Considerations

I'm more interested in Bars and Food tbh. The rest is just trivia.........

They should have more of a pub feel to the concourses to get more people into the ground a good few hours before kick off
Definitely. I understand the Amex Stadium in Brighton is like this, where people are encouraged to spend a few hours before the match and stick around for a while afterwards; restaurants, shops etc. Modern football is a family event, and there's no reason why the football shouldn't just be a 90 min section of a day out, rather than being the sole purpose, then you go home.

I noticed the word "retail" inbedded into the PDF file

If it is another "Tesco" stadium, we should accept it.

Wether or not it impacts our income, we're not making any money (barely) on our current stadium, so I believe an option that contains any sort of positive or minimal improvement on our match day revenue should be explored despite a chunk of it going to who ever provides the capital for the stadium construction.

I also believe that an improvement in our stadiums facilities is just as important as the revenue it provides.

A few mentions on here about about Borussia & Juventus stadiums. Both are steep, and compact with single level ends. It would mean good views for all fans. With everyone on one tier, creating a much better atmosphere as it would be easier to get everyone joining in if all in one group. Would make for a fantastic match day atmosphere. One of the things people keep bringing up about GP is that the fans are so close to the pitch, making it a daunting place to play. Both these stadiums are like this. Would love to keep that going int he new stadium instead of the lifelessness of both the City of Manchester stadium and the Emirates.