New Everton Stadium Discussion

I'd be more than happy with a Bernabéu, arl fella reckons it's quite compact despite having a huge capacity.
Another Fav is Azteca, 2 almost ancient stadiums that have stood the test of time and will for many more years.

Walton Hall Park doesn't work for me, at all. No amount of wishful thinking will get that railway line reopened. The best location is the William Collins playing fields bounded by Stanley Road, Great Mersey Street, Commercial Road and Lambeth Road. The site is at least twice the size of Goodison, is 2 miles north of the city centre (half a mile or so closer than GP) and on 2 main roads out of the city centre. It is on any number of bus routes and would cost a fiver in a hackney from town. There are loads of businesses on nearby Great Howard St and Derby Road which would be able to give up car parking (as is the case near Old Trafford and Wembley). Most crucially, it is next door to the revamped Sandhills station which is on the most extensive urban railway outside of London. Goodison could be given over to replace the lost football pitches (a fitting memorial, of course). A new ground for Everton in that location would be a huge catlayst for that run down main corridor northwards out of town towards Bootle. Finally, a stadium with 2 higher stands, one facing the river and the other facing back towards the city centre would be a fantastic feature.

Walton Hall Park doesn't work for me, at all. No amount of wishful thinking will get that railway line reopened. The best location is the William Collins playing fields bounded by Stanley Road, Great Mersey Street, Commercial Road and Lambeth Road. The site is at least twice the size of Goodison, is 2 miles north of the city centre (half a mile or so closer than GP) and on 2 main roads out of the city centre. It is on any number of bus routes and would cost a fiver in a hackney from town. There are loads of businesses on nearby Great Howard St and Derby Road which would be able to give up car parking (as is the case near Old Trafford and Wembley). Most crucially, it is next door to the revamped Sandhills station which is on the most extensive urban railway outside of London. Goodison could be given over to replace the lost football pitches (a fitting memorial, of course). A new ground for Everton in that location would be a huge catlayst for that run down main corridor northwards out of town towards Bootle. Finally, a stadium with 2 higher stands, one facing the river and the other facing back towards the city centre would be a fantastic feature.
not going to happen would be too much of an incline between access for a build

Its not going to happen at all

also the docks is a no go. The entire land is part of the mersey master plan and mersey waters projects

Like I said, there's been talks. Not sure how advanced they are but it's been spoken about. Walton Hall Park is 100% the site Joe Anderson is talking about though.

Not that I have any sort of say in the matter but I'd prefer it a wee bit closer to the city centre.

The docks would be sound, or Everton Park at a push.

Or just knock down everything in Church Street overnight and then build a big dirty new Goodison on the site. Spare the boss pubs around there though, they'll be needed.

Not even read this thread, but the quote about 'not necessarily financial assistance' basically tells me it's dead in the water. I don't even believe the club have a transfer budget never mind enough for any kind of new stadium scheme. As usual

I'd be thrilled to be proved wrong 'in a few months'