Everton Pre-Season 2015-16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly I do hate the people running our club, other clubs get trips to places like Dortmund, Ajax, and PSV we get trips to Southport and Dundee. We'll probably play some effin Serie B team to get our players used to playing boring possession football. Honestly can't they organise a proper friendly against proper opposition. What's with the obsession of going to the far east, the market has been dominated by clubs like Liverpool, United and Arsenal. If your going to go anywhere go to America, we actually have some chance of getting supporters there. The people who run our club are idiots, why can't they get a game that the fans can actually get interested in.

Déjà vu all over again, last year was shambolic and this seems as bad. Remember a 3/4 seasons back fans had departed for Malaysia and the tournament was cancelled. Some things never change.

NSNO

Few years back we was half way to Dundee when it got called off cause of stupid rain... Boooo

Swindon 11th July

Haha That was me - was on the train on the way there. Was 30 mins from Glasgow when Greg O'Keeffe tweeted that the game had been postponed. Couldn't change my train ticket to go home without paying an additional £100 so didn't do that. Hotel for the night in Dundee already booked and paid for. I spent the night in Dundee, then had to return home as per my ticket the next day. They played the rearranged game that night, by the time I was home. Spent £125 and didn't even see a ball kicked.

#EvertonThat

Should come back to the U.S. got to play Juve and Madrid instead of whatever crap Scottish teams were playing this preseason

We,v been the far east 3 time's in the last 10 years,so there is no obsession there,in fact seeing as evertons main sponsor is thai,I'm surprised they don't go more,Leicester City go nearly twice a year.
everton go where the pay day is,unfortunately for us based blues the yanks don't see everton as a big enough attraction.

We,v been the far east 3 time's in the last 10 years,so there is no obsession there,in fact seeing as evertons main sponsor is thai,I'm surprised they don't go more,Leicester City go nearly twice a year.
everton go where the pay day is,unfortunately for us based blues the yanks don't see everton as a big enough attraction.

As you said a pay day and believe elstone asks for a million to enter. We only got in icc because Spurs picked SA instead believe we are getting a few bob for this

As you said a pay day and believe elstone asks for a million to enter. We only got in icc because Spurs picked SA instead believe we are getting a few bob for this

Are we criticising him for this? I'm pretty sure most of the top clubs get paid for their tours. If we did it for free we'd use that as a stick to beat him with as well. Which should be playing wherever we get the most cash as long as it doesn't detriment the team. Look at some of the preseason's other clubs do, it's about the money more often than not

That would be a genuinely abysmal pre season and would probably start us off half as ready as last season.
I like the fact that we're training at Finch Farm for the first week. The games are important but I think the preparation is almost more important and training at Finch Farm seems more workmanlike so I like it.

Stoke and hopefully Arsenal are also good tests in Singapore although I can't imagine those games being too competitive due to the heat.

Tranmere last year was awful, thank God it was only twenty minutes on the train.

I don't think it can excuse the entire season, however it contributed early on, for sure.
I think we would have won both our games at Leicester and at home to Arsenal. That's 4 points dropped and it set the tone for the rest of the season.

While it definitely could have been corrected and almost was since we where only 4 points from 4th in October I believe it was still difficult playing catch-up.

Status
Not open for further replies.