Everton GM 29 April 2014 @ the Philharmonic Hall, Liverpool

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know is the honest answer, but anything less would certainly make the investment case for a new ground unsafe in my opinion.

Deloitte were very sceptical of that and suggested Goodison's current capacity was sufficient. It's a horrible catch-22. Goodison needs extensive work, for little financial gain. A new stadium has a string of major question marks around it.

I think there could be a hangup on ticket prices. I'm sure someone can tell me where we rank compared to the rest of the Prem in terms of average ticket price but an increase in prices could drive away an amount of people equal to the amount that would be attracted to a new stadium. And then what's the point?

Prices at GP are currently amongst the lowest in the Premier League...this is partly traditional, and is connected to the statistical lack of disposable income in the area. There is probably room for limited price increases at GP, and given that a new stadium would attract more 'tourists' to games, particularly if the team was successful, they would be room for bigger increases at a new stadium. Having said that, some prices were frozen this year, so I expect an across the board increase next year. Its easier when you have a relatively successful team.

Meant to post this earlier.

Some of the things I can remember from it:

Kenwright went for a show hands to have an GM every year. Has he abandoned one vote per share when he was in trouble, looks like he has. He also didnt have a proposer, seconded and see how many opposed.

Suntan wants 30k season tickets sold before next season.

Cant remember if it was £5 million or £7 million he said has been spent in the current financial year on NEW stadium and the new pitch. He also said that turnover will rise from £86 million last year to £117 million this year and £124 million next year.

There are other points which I will post if I remember them.

Meant to post this earlier.

Some of the things I can remember from it:

Kenwright went for a show hands to have an GM every year. Has he abandoned one vote per share when he was in trouble, looks like he has. He also didnt have a proposer, seconded and see how many opposed.

Cant remember if it was £5 million or £7 million he said has been spent in the current financial year on NEW stadium and the new pitch. He also said that turnover will rise from £86 million last year to £117 million this year and £124 million next year.

There are other points which I will post if I remember them.

New points added at the bottom of the list.

The new Umbro deal is woth £10 million.

The Chang deal is 'hopefully if all goes well' worth £16 million.

40,000 blues armed with shovels, could dig a mahassive hole, whack a pitch at the bottom of it and the surround it with the plazzy seats left over from Goodison.

Job done at a fraction of the cost.
I like your style. Let's buy some shovels....

Status
Not open for further replies.