• Lose - I'd rather 5th than see the kopites win it

Votes: 194 25.6%
  • Win - 4th is too important to us

Votes: 565 74.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ask me today and I'd say I can live with 5th (assuming that we beat Hull of course and hold off Spurs' late charge) if Liverpool finish second.

However, if there is a miracle at the Emirates tonight and Arsenal drop two or three points (unlikely I know, but stranger things have happened) then my answer tomorrow will be that we have to go for it against City. Three points then would put us a point or two above Arsenal with them still to play....pressure is then back on them. If they then draw one of their remaining two games and we beat Hull we are in the Champions League. This will make a big difference to how much money we have for transfers this summer and who will want to sign for us. That's more important than thinking about Liverpool as if we are weaker next year (due to losing the likes of Lukaku, maybe big bids coming in for Coleman, Stones etc) then the RS will probably find it easier to finish above us again and they will probably still finish in the top four next season even if they don't really challenge for the title.

Tonight's result is therefore the deciding factor for me.

Newcastle win or draw...we must try to beat City even if it hands the RS the title.
Newcastle lose...doesn't then matter. We can lose to City and deprive the RS of the title but we must beat Hull and finish fifth. Anything less than fifth will be a failure considering our season so far and could possibly have a detrimental effect on Bobby's plans for next year.

my only thoughts should be on everton. i want 6 points from the last 2 and couldnt give a monkeys what that means to other teams.
but i still think chelsea will win it.
i fancy palace to beat the kopites , wba to stun arsenal and norwich to go out against them with a bang too ....and us to beat city.

So let me cut to the chase here.

You live in Liverpool and would regard the RS winning the Title as being sommat any Evertonian would regard as being a "horror"?

As I said in my response to you, I can understand any Blue, myself included, wanting us to get something from the game if it improves our position and future well being.

That is axiomatic.

We hold our noses, look the other way and get on with supporting our own team in Europe.

Then you went on to say that you couldn't "give a toss" which team won it.

That is the part of your post I found strange and was responding to.

But you obviously do "give a toss" as you regard the prospect with "horror".

And I think you'll find that is the mindset of most of us at the moment.

If that is the view you are trying to express then just say it instead of putting yourself on some non existent moral high ground and telling decent Blues who think differently that you are "disappointed" in them.

Because it really beggars belief that any Evertonian can just shrug his or her shoulders and be indifferent to Liverpool winning the league.

Especially when you live in Liverpool and know how their supporters will behave for the next twenty years if they do win it.

First of all mate, I'm not having a go. Just expressing an opinion.

I would hate them to win the title, of course I would. It was bad enough in town the other week when they beat City.

I didn't say I couldn't "give a toss" which team won it, think you might be mixing up my post with what somebody else said? I would be very happy to see Liverpool slip up and not win it, but I just don't want that at Everton's expense, and I think we have a real chance of slipping out of 5th if we don't try in this game. I'm sure you can see my opinon there?

I can see where you and some of the other posters are coming from, but I just don't agree with it.

And I'm sorry, but it does dissapoint me that a section of our fanbase want us to get beaten by City. I'm not saying that to gain a moral highground, or to have a go at you or anyone else. I just think we can be better than that.

Best case scenario is that we finish 5th and they finish anywhere other than 1st, I think can all agree on that.

I think if you live in Liverpool your response is likely to be different to those who do not live within in the city. That's not having a go, just the way it is. They haven't had to put up with lads in work who have never liked football only to become Dr Fun the last few weeks. Women wearing Liverpool shirts in town to go the pub. Lads texting you asking if you no anyone who can get them a ticket for 'the City game' when they have previously been happy to watch it in the alehouse for 10 years, The Echo headlines 'do it for the City', Radio City advertising the best bars to watch the reds home games in. Its this reason I want us to get beat on Saturday as they will be unbearable. Even me bird said "im goin to town with the girls the night Liverpool do that bus thing". Just [Poor language removed] off, all of you just [Poor language removed] OFF

I think if you live in Liverpool your response is likely to be different to those who do not live within in the city. That's not having a go, just the way it is. They haven't had to put up with lads in work who have never liked football only to become Dr Fun the last few weeks. Women wearing Liverpool shirts in town to go the pub. Lads texting you asking if you no anyone who can get them a ticket for 'the City game' when they have previously been happy to watch it in the alehouse for 10 years, The Echo headlines 'do it for the City', Radio City advertising the best bars to watch the reds home games in. Its this reason I want us to get beat on Saturday as they will be unbearable. Even me bird said "im goin to town with the girls the night Liverpool do that bus thing". Just [Poor language removed] off, all of you just [Poor language removed] OFF

I hope they get to parade round the city in a wheelie bin full of p!ss when they finish second

If Arsenal win tonight, 4th's gone.

We therefore just have to secure 5th, 3 points seals it. So we can lose on Saturday and go to play Hull City who'll be safe and playing in their slippers the week before the Cup final.

Unless the Geordies pull off a massive shock tonight, I want us to lose Saturday, not even arsed.

First of all mate, I'm not having a go. Just expressing an opinion.

I would hate them to win the title, of course I would. It was bad enough in town the other week when they beat City.

I didn't say I couldn't "give a toss" which team won it, think you might be mixing up my post with what somebody else said? I would be very happy to see Liverpool slip up and not win it, but I just don't want that at Everton's expense, and I think we have a real chance of slipping out of 5th if we don't try in this game. I'm sure you can see my opinon there?

Two things.....number one, I never thought you were "having a go" and you are perfectly entitled to express your opinions....which you do in a very reasoned and cogent fashion.

And secondly I have to offer you humblest apologies.

Indeed it was not your good self whom said he didn't "give a toss" which team won the league.

It was someone else....:blush:

Now.....where's me coat :(

We will know the situation very clearly before we play City. Arsenal will have played Barcodes, spurs play away to WHU at 12.45, and United play Sunderland at 3.00pm. By the time the boys walk out either we have something to go for or it's all a bit meh.........

Two things.....number one, I never thought you were "having a go" and you are perfectly entitled to express your opinions....which you do in a very reasoned and cogent fashion.

And secondly I have to offer you humblest apologies.

Indeed it was not your good self whom said he didn't "give a toss" which team won the league.

It was someone else....:blush:

Now.....where's me coat :(

No worries mate. I think we are better agreeing to disagree ;)

As somebody else said earlier in the thread, it's a real shame that the fixtures have worked out like this.

I would much prefer it if our game against City had absolutly no bearing on the title race. Because I always enjoy playing City at Goodison, and I want to end the season on a postive note after those two frustrating defeats we've had.

I wonder if everyone who wants us to get beat will actually feel this way when the game actually starts, it will be practically impossible not to be wanting us to do well and win.

To make yourself feel better, go and have a look on BlueMoon forum. See what they think of us and our city.

City may well beat us on Saturday, and go on to win the league. But I want them to earn it.

Status
Not open for further replies.