Everton confirm rejecting 28M for both Fellaini and baines

Status
Not open for further replies.
we all know where this is going though dont we? all this talk of standing up to them....on september 3rd we will be debating whether we got a good deal or not...

Normally I'd say yeah, they're gone, but on this occasion, it may be different, we have hope, we have a trump card
...In that Moyes might well bottle it

And now he's trying to screw us over with his complete disrespect of the club, the manager, the 'holding back' comments which are outrageous, deliberately trying to unsettle players. He's spitting in the face of every Evertonian that clapped him in May.

He's become everything he despised, or at least claimed to despise, when he was at Everton.

He's ruining his legacy.

This is the thing that gets me. The guy had pretty much everything a club could possibly give minus transfer funds. He had the chairman eating out his hand, the respect of the fans and his colleagues, and complete control of the footballing aspect of the club. He wasn't far off being a club legend here, only needed a couple trophies.

Now he's acting like he had a horrible time here. ?? Just don't get it. Did Bill refuse to cast Lauren in the Wizard of Oz or something?

This is the thing that gets me. The guy had pretty much everything a club could possibly give minus transfer funds. He had the chairman eating out his hand, the respect of the fans and his colleagues, and complete control of the footballing aspect of the club. He wasn't far off being a club legend here, only needed a couple trophies.

Now he's acting like he had a horrible time here. ?? Just don't get it. Did Bill refuse to cast Lauren in the Wizard of Oz or something?

Is his old man still on the payroll? Could be quite awkward now.

wow what happened to Moyes when he left us? The guy was grumpy but he had dignity and class. Hes losing old friends and hes not going to gain new ones with this behavior.

tbh looks like he is trying to hide his inferiority complex by acting like a tool

He joined Man United, that's what happened. Even the nicest of guys can be turned into utter tits by joining them lot.

I remember two months back or so I came on here playing devil's advocate about that £10M bid for Baines, saying that maybe you shouldn't have kneejerked and that it might not have been him that made the bid. But I am astounded by the lack of respect he has shown your club. I understand that businessman-like behaviour plays a huge part in football, but he's acting like he didn't serve at your club for over a decade. It's just incredible. You obviously don't want to sell either player, and from what I've gathered, most Man United fans don't even want Baines or Fellaini anyway, so he's looking a right moron here.

In my opinion, he should just back off. Everton have spoken, he should just leave it alone.

Let us not forget this. The man needs to be roundly and thoroughly booed when he comes back here. I was pro Moyes until the end, but **** this. What an utter, utter bell. Shame on you, David

Moyes isn't the problem. He can say what he likes.

The quotes below tell me everything.

"The bid, from Manchester United's point of view, was a private thing and when we make a new offer we'd keep that offer private and confidential as well."

"I speak to Bill Kenwright [the chairman] regularly, we speak most weeks."

A new bid is coming and Kenwright is going to accept it.

The cynic in me has Kenwright asking Moyes to bid on Baines so that he can soften the blow of Fellaini leaving by playing the "I managed to hold on to Baines card"

The solution is simple. Kenwright OUT!!!!!!!

after what moyes has said today i have lost all respect for him.i defended him to the end but i cannot believe the disrespect he is showing us

Moyes isn't the problem. He can say what he likes.

The quotes below tell me everything.

"The bid, from Manchester United's point of view, was a private thing and when we make a new offer we'd keep that offer private and confidential as well."

"I speak to Bill Kenwright [the chairman] regularly, we speak most weeks."

A new bid is coming and Kenwright is going to accept it.

The cynic in me has Kenwright asking Moyes to bid on Baines so that he can soften the blow of Fellaini leaving by playing the "I managed to hold on to Baines card"

The solution is simple. Kenwright OUT!!!!!!!

The People's Forum called. They want their conspiracy back.

I hate Moyes so much. I've never hated a manager this much before. It's sad because I really, really loved him. What an utter, utter ****house. I wish him only bad things for the rest of his career.

The problem is if a bid is accepted it'll be undisclosed anyway so we won't know if we've won this little battle or not. Either way moyes loses though, as far as I'm concerned.

Now it’s all clear, he was expecting it will remain private, and we were supposed to enter into negotiations with them, it was “starting bid”, he was maybe expecting Kenwright to call him and tell him the offer is too low and things to get developed from their own till they both agree on a price.

Obviously when we leaked the story and rejected it publicly and called it an insulting bid, things changed, I doubt he will be back with a new offer, today’s words are directed to both Baines and Fellaini, he wants them to push for the moves.

Things will be very clear in 24 hours, both Baines and Fellaini will play and how they play and their body language and reaction to the crowd will indicate where they both are

Really important we get right behind both players tomorrow and make it very hard for them to leave Everton.

It is very simple what we have to do now in my opinion: do not sell either player to them. Both seem happy here, and both have long contracts to run. It winds me up reading people saying they would accept x, and reject y. We are getting our hair ruffled by this shower of biffs, with Moyes the chief patroniser. Moyes has obviously said EFC will sell eventually because I know Bill and how he works. Time for us now to say: "We won't have the p!ss taken out of us, you are not getting either of our players. Now kindly do one." Cheeky pricks tapped Moyes up and even issued an apology for their conduct now I'm reading people on here quoting acceptable prices they can have Baines for, who just happens to be one of the finest players in his position in the world might I add. We are being buzzed off by them, it's time we showed some ambition ffs.

Couldn't agree with this more.

As someone else said Moyes was very close to legend status here but his actions since May and particularly his comments over the last few days have thrown 11 years good work down the pan. Sad to say but he deserves to be heckled when he returns to Goodison.

Status
Not open for further replies.