Everton 3-1 Aston Villa, FA Cup Fifth Round. Sunday 15th Feb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You reckon? Probably means they have slight knocks so dont wanna risk making them worse on Wednesday. Thsi way they will more likely be fit for Sunday.

Well, the way Capello treated Gerrard's injury last time out (when he forced him to visit the England medical staff in London), I'm guessing it's got to be something fairly serious before he lets players skip off home or just sit out for the day.

Optimistic perhaps, but has to be better than knowing they're fully fit!...

Is Heskey not cup-tied too?

I fancy us to contain them without too much trouble.

When we're playing well physical direct teams like this don't really cause us any problems.

2 - 1 Lescott and Cahill.

Personally for me it matters not who they play . We have stopped worrying about the opposition a while ago . Just play our own game . Cannot wait for this one :mad:

I have got the same feeling i had with the man utd game at home and the liverpool match last wednesday!!! Something special is going to happen on sunday!!! And both times we got great results draw against utd which kicked off our great run of form and our finest moment this season so far a 1-0 win in extra time against our fiercest rivals the RS so lets hope this feeling carries on ;)

I have got the same feeling i had with the man utd game at home and the liverpool match last wednesday!!! Something special is going to happen on sunday!!! And both times we got great results draw against utd which kicked off our great run of form and our finest moment this season so far a 1-0 win in extra time against our fiercest rivals the RS so lets hope this feeling carries on ;)

I like your feelings me;)

Is Heskey not cup-tied too?

I fancy us to contain them without too much trouble.

When we're playing well physical direct teams like this don't really cause us any problems.

2 - 1 Lescott and Cahill.

Heskey is cup tied.

And O'Neil was whinging to the press that he doesnt want his players picking up knocks so I'm guessing that's why Young was pulled, but he'll play Sunday I bet. Heskey has been very injury prone this season though.

Heskey is cup tied.

And O'Neil was whinging to the press that he doesnt want his players picking up knocks so I'm guessing that's why Young was pulled, but he'll play Sunday I bet. Heskey has been very injury prone this season though.

Luke Young has also pulled out of the English squad with a foot injury.

Saha's back.:)

Would you start him? With Cahill only coming back on Friday, Jo cup tied and Fellaini a doubt he might find himself starting. Unless Anichebe comes back in which I doubt.

I think Cahill will start on the bench as he will be shattered . I would be suprised if he goes straight in . My main concern is if Jags is picked to start for England and over does it trying to impress Cappello . I have never been a fan of England nor its underlying facist supporters . I will be F*****g furious if Jags gets injured .

I think Cahill will start on the bench as he will be shattered . I would be suprised if he goes straight in . My main concern is if Jags is picked to start for England and over does it trying to impress Cappello . I have never been a fan of England nor its underlying facist supporters . I will be F*****g furious if Jags gets injured .

I don't think Jags has been injured since he came to the club to be honest, he always seems to be fit which is good news for us. Joleon is the same and Yobo is available for most matches.

I doubt he'll be injured, I hope not anyway. His "God" like presence at the back would be missed.

I'm hopeful but think this will be a well tight game.

Our recent back four can deal with anyone just now.. Main concern is goals.

I'm not so interested in seeing vic but really hope saha can make it for this one. we'll need a sharper edge than fellaini up front to sink villa.

i also hope to see vdm making a significant contribution.

Osman could be rested in favour of gosling / rodwell.

Status
Not open for further replies.