Everton 2-1 Spurs. Sun 9th Dec @ 15.00.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was screaming stop celebrating at Pienaar too mate, seemed a bizarre idea to celebrate.

It was reverse psychology mate, we didn't want them to think there was any urgency, otherwise it would be a backs to the wall job and they'd have seen the game out for a point, instead we acted like we were happy with the 1 goal, they then assumed we wouldn't attack and BOOM 2-1 down. In my head that made sense.

I'm feeling really good about the rest of the season. It will be a massive boost to the the players getting a result in that manner against a good side like spurs. Fellani did not have a great game so it was good to see we could still do it without him being at his best.
Thats 4 forecasts correct in a row for me now. See,arteta fan, I don't just do draws.

Here are my ratings for yesterday:

Howard - 6 - didn't have much to do and was unlucky with the goal, couldn't do anything about it.
-
Coleman - 8 - great performance and made up to have him back in the team. Also impressed me in defence.
Jagielka / Distin - 7 - restricted their attackers to basically nothing. Looked fine in defence.
Baines - 7 - his usual self, bombing up and down the left. Didn't get much success but looked good.
-
Mirallas - 7 - looked dangerous until forced off with injury again. Hope he'll get a run in the team soon.
(Naismith) - 6 - thought he was ok but not that good, missed that absolute sitter which had me with my head in my hands.
Osman - 6 - unspectacular but did decent enough. Not threatening enough in their half for me.
Fellaini - 6 - I wouldn't call it an off day, but their midfield contained him very well. Still dangerous.
Gibson - 8 - he's ace. Great range of passing and kept us ticking nicely, as he always does.
Pienaar - 7 - thought he was crap until his goal. Great goal it was, though.
-
Jelavic - 9 - great effort all game, capped with an instinctive finish for the goal. That's more like it son.

Osman - 6 - unspectacular but did decent enough. Not threatening enough in their half for me.
If Osman could shoot we'd be top of the league. ;) Great game -- was watching on delay ... no idea how I didn't wake up the house when we scored.

We are obviously making a concerted effort to attack more down the right -- not merely because Coleman (and Mirallas first half) were there and the matchup was good (although that helped) but I think we are even over-emphasizing the right to help shift the attention away from the left. Coleman needs to be staying late to work on his defensive positioning -- having that balance in the team will really make us a huge threat. Nice to hear Moyes screaming at Coleman to "take him on" and urging him forward ... negative you say?!?! ;)

If we stay fit (Gibson!) we have a shot here. Stoke, West Ham and Wigan ... c'mon!

who got MOTM anyway, didn't see anyone pick it. Think gibson got it for me, but up until 89th min would probably have been vertonghan/dembele (even though they didn't do anything spectacular). as we won it would be gibson or coleman

Bravo! Just Bravo!

The guys played some gorgeous football yesterday and were a joy to watch (Naismith notwithstanding!) I love the team spirit and honor that possesses the Blues. So proud to support this team.

The problem with Naismith is he's having to play too much at the moment. He's a squad player but due to mirallas being injuried so much Naismith is having to be our RW at the mo (which supposibly he's not a RW?) he is poor tho compared to mirallas or Donovan which doesn't help!

He should be coming on last 10-15 mins when games are safe or were hoping to nick a goal (which he has got in him) and probably more in a extra striker role like vellios provided yesterday.

I still think he'll prove a usefull squad player but we'v become realiant on him for RW currently which he's not good enough tbh.

Supposibly???????

Still haven't really buzzed off this.

Mediocre performance and two lucky goals to beat a below par performance from spurs.

A big old 'meh' all round, we were expected to win and we did so by making it hard for ourselves. Great.

Status
Not open for further replies.