Match Thread Everton 1-0 Brentford - Pre-match chat, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Redknapp has just said that he is concerned about the defence for Euro 24. I'm sure the 3rd best defence in the Premier League is the only one with 2 English CB's so why not take both Branthwaite AND Tarkowski? I know Southgate loves Maguire but he's been awful this season and Tarks offers more in attack.
Add that they also play in front of England’s keeper… but that would probably upset too many people (including a lot of Everton fans!)

A lot of it's down to Sky insisting on having so many pundits with Liverpool connections covering our games. Carragher, Redknapp and even Kelly Dalglish there presenting it....and Jagileka standing there like a lemon not contradicting any of it.
It's just pundits in general. Talentless gits resorting to cliches and oneliners.
I prefer journalism and a bit of old school neutrality and stiffness.

Terrible game but safety is safety
Massive ask to get the same level of performance with 3 games in a week with largely the same players.... we are where we are for a reason and consistency plays a part in that.

The last 3 games have been better than what we have been seeing IMO, if the manager got that all season there would be no questioning him and his tactics but we were poor at the start of the season then went nearly half a season with no win, that can`t happen again but can we trust Dyche not to do that again when he has form for it at other clubs.

You`d have to say in hindsight he has done well to get the points tally we have, the mini run of 4 wins and 3 wins has made that possible in 2 small winning runs.

I`m not sure there is much progression to be had from conceding possession of the ball every week and the goal scoring across the season has been an issue...

Redknapp has just said that he is concerned about the defence for Euro 24. I'm sure the 3rd best defence in the Premier League is the only one with 2 English CB's so why not take both Branthwaite AND Tarkowski? I know Southgate loves Maguire but he's been awful this season and Tarks offers more in attack.
It's a simplistic view I know in the world of celebrity and media hype but there is a lot to be said for the idea of a goalkeeper and CB pairing that know each other inside out.

Won't happen, and shouldn't just because they play together but its not just that. If there were other stand out options that would be fair enough but really who are the English CBs that are significantly ahead of tarkowski and branthwaite?

Decent, hardworking and organised performance. MoM between Gana and Garner.
Chemiti had a decent game and showed some nice touches.
Personally, I think the 2nd point deduction had a massive psychological effect on the winless run.
Think they were playing with fear and were terrified of losing.
We played with a bit more freedom today Dyche has done a decent enough job, under the circumstances.
I would take him over some shot in the dark German coach. Its not pretty but you know what you get.