E'ton Buckling Under Top 4 Pressure : P.Neville

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's saying this more out of hope than expectation, especially given how abysmal his attitude was to us getting European football when he roamed centre mid.

So losing 1 game after a 7 game winning streak is feeling the pressure? 'koff Phil, you highlighted, pointing, kitkat bothering, Moyes cock-gobbling grass.

The man was one of the worst captains in our history.

Behind the scenes, on the training pitch and in the dressing room, maybe he was a good bloke who helped younger players and was a role model to others. None of that changes the fact though Neville knew absolutely nothing about our club, it's traditions and it's supporters and didn't want to ever learn and embrace it.

The fact he had the nerve to have a go at supporters when we got really angry at Moyes for his awfully negative substitutions or when we booed them off the pitch after a thrashing. I felt like screaming at him; "I'll boo all I want you tosser, I was here supporting this club before you and I'll still be here when you're long gone."

He cost us so many games and points because he was on the pitch EVERY week when he was God-awful and out of his depth. After the quarter-final he only disappeared because even Moyes realised they'd like be a riot if he dared play him again. The day he left was a fantastic one for the club in terms of making progress on the pitch. Every time I see him, Moyes and Round on TV scowling because Utd are getting battered I proper smile and think "haha, have that you gang of losers".

He buckled under pressure against Wigan, after which he had this to say.....

EVERTON FC captain Phil Neville has labelled his performance in the shock FA Cup defeat to Wigan Athletic as 'embarrassing'.

The 36-year-old says the 3-0 quarter-final loss was a "disaster" and the players must accept the criticism being levelled at them.

Neville's stray back pass gifted Wigan their second goal as Everton conceded three times in just over three minutes on Saturday at Goodison Park.

The Blues skipper now hopes to see a positive reaction against Manchester City on Saturday.

"It was more than disappointing," he said.

"It was a disastrous weekend for us. It was a disastrous performance and there is no hiding away from that.

"I was embarrassed with my own performance, it wasn't good enough as captain.

"We can't hide from that. We take our medicine now and take the criticism that comes our way."

He then promptly hid from any criticism on twitter, and was never seen again until the final game of the season in a suit.

I did wonder when his 'Gary' moment would be - that time he realised he was finished, unfortunately it was in our biggest game in years.

I hate him, did for a long time, and hate his comments, but I think that moment he knew he was finished would have come earlier but for one man, the one who thought it was perfectly acceptable to pick him in central midfield for years just because he was a good captain (which I dispute)

If they'd both been staying moyes would've fallen over himself to convince him to stay one more year, and he'd be in midfield alongside osman with Gareth Barry at left back, after selling fellaini and baines, and thinking osman and neville were perfect replacements.

I'm really hoping a lot of his old team mates have seen the interview and are fuming as much as I am when I saw it.....and go and smash his beloved Man Utd all over Goodison Park!

Status
Not open for further replies.