Enner Valencia or Big Vic???

Well??

• Big Vic

Votes: 86 22.3%
  • Enner Valencia

Votes: 229 59.5%
  • I'd rather have boiling melted cheese poured into my eyes than watch them wear our shirt.

Votes: 93 24.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
1. 19 November 2013 BBVA Compass Stadium, Houston, Texas, United States
23px-Flag_of_Honduras.svg.png
Honduras 2–2 2–2 Friendly
2. 5 March 2014 The Den, London, England
23px-Flag_of_Australia.svg.png
Australia 3–3 4–3 Friendly
3. 31 May 2014 AT&T Stadium, Arlington, Texas, United States
23px-Flag_of_Mexico.svg.png
Mexico 1–3 1–3 Friendly
4. 4 June 2014 Sun Life Stadium, Miami, Florida, United States
23px-Flag_of_England.svg.png
England 1–0 2–2 Friendly
5. 15 June 2014 Estádio Nacional Mané Garrincha, Brasilia, Brazil
16px-Flag_of_Switzerland.svg.png
Switzerland 1–0 1–2 2014 FIFA World Cup
6. 20 June 2014 Arena da Baixada, Curitiba, Brazil
23px-Flag_of_Honduras.svg.png
Honduras 1–1 2–1 2014 FIFA World Cup
7. 2–1
8. 6 September 2014 Lockhart Stadium, Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States
22px-Flag_of_Bolivia.svg.png
Bolivia 3–0 4–0 Friendly
9. 10 October 2014 Rentschler Field, East Hartford, Connecticut, United States
23px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg.png
United States 1–1 1–1 Friendly
10. 14 October 2014 Red Bull Arena, New Jersey, United States
23px-Flag_of_El_Salvador.svg.png
El Salvador 2–0 5–1 Friendly
11. 4–1
12. 15 June 2015 Estadio Elías Figueroa Brander, Valparaíso, Chile
22px-Flag_of_Bolivia.svg.png
Bolivia 1–3 2–3 2015 Copa América
13. 19 June 2015 Estadio El Teniente, Rancagua, Chile
23px-Flag_of_Mexico.svg.png
Mexico 2–0 2–1 2015 Copa América
14. 24 March 2016 Estadio Olímpico Atahualpa, Quito, Ecuador
23px-Flag_of_Paraguay.svg.png
Paraguay 1–0 2–2 2018 FIFA World Cup qualification
15. 8 June 2016 University of Phoenix, Glendale, United States
23px-Flag_of_Peru.svg.png
Peru 1–2 2–2 Copa América Centenario
16. 12 June 2016 MetLife Stadium, East Rutherford, United States
23px-Flag_of_Haiti.svg.png
Haiti 1–0 4–0 Copa América Centenario

Cream of football hes scoring against there.

We'll see mate, I think international football is different. South American opposition varies vastly from PL. His record in England over the last 2 seasons of 4 goals a season is worrying.

I agree, but stranger things have happened than a player suddenly finding form at a new club. The jury should be out at the minute until he's a least had a bit of playing time.

Brazil, Argentina, Uruguay, Chile etc usually...

Anichebe cant really play any role at this point! There is a reason why he was a free agent this late into the season.

How do you know what role is required of him?

Can we not actually wait for players to play for us before judging them?

Know who else was not good enough for us? Idrissa Gueye. How about Kevin Kilbane? Lee Carsley? Kevin Campbell? Don Hutchison?

Until a player has played for us it's all total guesswork. Valencia does have his attributes and I am not remotely bothered what he did or didnt do for West Ham as history has proved time and time again that a players history at a form club means absolutely nothing as there are far too many variables to base a proper opinion off.

We agree on a number of things there. I said neither was my option so I am not going to make a hard case for Anichebe!

I agree entirely that we need to give people a chance. However the thread has been started before he's played for us. All anyones assessment should be is "we'll judge this after he's played for us" but it would be a boring forum if we did.

Lets wait and see how he gets on. The evidence of whether he will be good enough will not be me or my opinions but the evidence on the pitch.

On the lads you mentioned before we signed them. I was happy with Gueye as he had some good stats and looked an astute signing. Was happy with Kilbane as always rated him though most didn't. Carsley was what we needed at the time, as we needed some bite in midfield. Campbell was pleased with and he disappointed after a scintillating start but still was an important player for us. Hutchinson I was sad to say Stuart go but again proved to be a good signing.

We agree on a number of things there. I said neither was my option so I am not going to make a hard case for Anichebe!

I agree entirely that we need to give people a chance. However the thread has been started before he's played for us. All anyones assessment should be is "we'll judge this after he's played for us" but it would be a boring forum if we did.

Lets wait and see how he gets on. The evidence of whether he will be good enough will not be me or my opinions but the evidence on the pitch.

On the lads you mentioned before we signed them. I was happy with Gueye as he had some good stats and looked an astute signing. Was happy with Kilbane as always rated him though most didn't. Carsley was what we needed at the time, as we needed some bite in midfield. Campbell was pleased with and he disappointed after a scintillating start but still was an important player for us. Hutchinson I was sad to say Stuart go but again proved to be a good signing.

Stuart was swapped for Tiler and Ward wasnt he?

All I am saying (which you seemingly agree with) is that there have been loads of signings who have hardly set pulses rating who have gone on to do well for us. Conversely there are loads who looked like great signings but ended up being rubbish.

Status
Not open for further replies.