English speaking manager?

Our next manager needs to be able to speak proper english

• Aye, you come to this country you're learning our language

Votes: 9 19.6%
  • Koff you bigot kipper, football is an international language yeah?

Votes: 24 52.2%
  • Käse auf Toastbrot

Votes: 13 28.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

when i score we riot

Player Valuation: £35m
This is actually something that is bugging me. The discussion about potential new names is definetly affected by this rather fundamental question - do YOU think we need a proper english manager?

Let's put the tactics aside for a little bit. Being tactically sound is, after all, rather common for good managers, and surely one of the minimum requirements for the next Everton manager.

That fact that some are narrowing it down to Dyche, Howe and Allardyce seems to confirm the suspicion for me, that people seem to make this an important requirement. And surely, being a good man manager and communicator is imperative.

So: Do we want a manager that can actually speak english?

And i mean better than the english of a jarg spanish exchange student that learned the language from old Schwarzenegger movies and from playing football manager 2009 for 4 years.

I mean better english than the incessant searching-for-the-right-phrase erring of Koeman - surely, you know that the whole "But OK" thing he did was simply because he had no knowledge to properly formulate a sentence behind that puffy post-accident-deflated-airbag face of his.

A big part of Koeman's failure was his alienation of the squad. He's played the cold, far away boss figure mulling about in his office wondering who to drop together with his core group of dutch coaches, all conspiring together in a language most of the players don't understand.

I would think Ancelotti would have the same air about him and would consider it a catastrophe to appoint him for that exact reason.

On the other hand, some might consider language unimportant. Pochettino had none, and still has a very basic level but worked miracles in England. Wenger at the start did too. Would someone like Tuchel, who seemingly doesn't know english very well, be able to connect with the players at all?

And surely, a lot of the players would be so bad at the language that a proper british accent would be nigh-unintelligeble for them. So it goes both ways. Either way, i'm just curious about what YOU think.

1e6.jpg

Yeah, Martinez' level was way within the minimum, but honestly Koeman was good enough by most standards. However, he was clearly not able to actually fill out his proper sentences like a big boy. Question here is simply if that ability seems important to us as a whole, like.

Mostly, as said, this stems from the rather odd shouts for english managers, every one of which is underqualified.

Koeman is a lot more articulate than most folk in my neighbourhood.

It's not a concern. Poch seems to be doing OK at Spurs despite hardly speaking a word of English not so long ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.